300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taking the CJ-Bat Test at BCC tom.

Hello everyone, I'm taking the CJ-Bat test at Broward Community College tomorrow. I would like to know how is it like to take the CJ-Bat test at BCC and is the test done on a computer or on paper?

Thank you all,

Chris

Don't know if it's done on comp or paper... But the test itself is fairly easy. However a lot of people seem to fail it. It's timed so don't stay on one question if your taking too long. On the memorization, make sure you look at every thing! EVERYTHING! On the map, the answer is USUALLY going to be the shortest answer (least amount of text). What I would do on the map, find the shortest answer and follow what it says with you finger on the map. It usually is that one.

Comment

Originally posted by ERMDPD View Post
      Don't know if it's done on comp or paper... But the test itself is fairly easy. However a lot of people seem to fail it. It's timed so don't stay on one question if your taking too long. On the memorization, make sure you look at every thing! EVERYTHING! On the map, the answer is USUALLY going to be the shortest answer (least amount of text). What I would do on the map, find the shortest answer and follow what it says with you finger on the map. It usually is that one.
      Same thing I did when I was taking my CJBAT. I noticed for the memorization that its always something weird to memorize. Like how many red poles are background. What color is the officers hat, etc.

Dont sweat it to much. Most likely you will do good on it

Comment

"How many pens did the officer have?" or "How many windows did the building have?" "How many children were in the picture?"

Comment

The test is on paper..it's about 250 questions if I remember correctly, and it is also timed.

Comment

watchout for oneway roads on the map questions.
            I enjoy life on the dirtroad

Comment

I took mine on a computer. Memorization for me was easy. Make sure that you brush up on your spelling, punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure. They are going to ask you to pick out the sentence with a mistake in it.

Like this one (I spot two mistakes).

Originally posted by luis.FL07 View Post
              Dont sweat it to much. Most likely you will do good on it
              I don't mean any foul Luis FL, but the exam questions looked EXACTLY like that.

My test had memorization, grammar, directions, and decision making. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Its a joke of a test..... its elementary if you ask me. you shouldnt have a problem at all. Good Luck!!!

Comment

I have to say it's the biggest waste of 3 hours. The questions are so elementary that I believe if someone doesn't pass it the first time, they should consider another line of work.

No offense to those in the field that had to take it multiple times. Some people are book smart, and others are street smart
                  There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

Thank you all for the confident words, I am perpared and ready to take the test. Tomorrow is a big day for me and I believe I will be successful in passing the test. I will let everyone know how well I did on the test.

Chris

Comment

I will also be taking the CJBAT at BCC tomorrow morning.

Good luck cjcpop2007.

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra87 View Post
                        The test is on paper..it's about 250 questions if I remember correctly, and it is also timed.
                        120 actually. i just had to retake it because mine expires on the 31st, even though i've already been hired. The test expires before my official hire date.

anyways, the test is very easy. in regards to the grammar/spelling section, if you made it through middle school, you should be fine. the only section, i could see anyone having a problem with is the inductive reasoning section if you are rushing through and don't read it.

Comment

I found it interesting that now, according to the testing personnel, the CJBAT results are good for 4 years, yes, 4 years! (Hope I heard that right) However, every dept. can have their own policy as it relates to how long the results are good for. Go figure?? One of the testing personnel indicated that FLPD does not accept the results if they are over a year old??

Comment

4 years? Never heard that before. I always thought it was good for one year. I've heard two years but that's max. Never heard of 4.

Comment

I took both the LE and CO test in the same day - just pay attention to detail and you should be ok - I got a 90 on the LE and 89 on CO test. Do not stress them into something bigger than they are.
                              All is 10-61 here you can show me 10-8!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6398 users online. 344 members and 6054 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X