LOCTITE time!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOCTITE time!

It seems that in Palm Beach County and on the Treasure Coast, thieves have turned to stealing Catalytic Converters off of vehicles for profit.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/localne...ters_0728.html

Loctite will not do it for ya! Sorry!

Comment

Dude they go in there with a saws-all and take it out in under a minute. Also people have been doing it for a long time. It's the platinum or some such precious metal.
      There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

It is crazy how they get away with it. Trust me, I have used a SawzAll, and it is VERY loud, but somehow nobody notices when they use it.

Comment

the street urchins here in central florida are doin the same thing. apparently they jeep products have alot of platinum in the catalytic converter. like thatc said they use a sawzall and are in and out in a matter of minutes. the ones weve dealt with have been during the day in crowded parking lots.

Comment

Since a good deal of the Catalytic Converters have been coming off of lifted trucks and Jeeps, I think the best bet for protecting yourself from theft would be skid plates... they are designed to support the weight of the vehicle and whatever may try to puncture the underside of it.

Comment

Yea, it is quick, noisy, but quick. No one is wise anyways except for us :-)

Comment

Nothing new here in central Florida, started with the junk yards and swiping their stash now on to the parked vehicles.

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7537 users online. 305 members and 7232 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Working...
                X