300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Ranger Question

I know they were talking of cutting back on weekends and off peak hours and was wondering if they actually did it. Last night around 10pm I came up from the 395 Mac Arthur to Sample Road and saw a few stranded cars with no Road Rangers in sight. I generally see a few riding around on 95 from the 395 to North Broward but didn't see a one last night.

I saw one yesterday in southern palm beach getting off of I-95 and I haven't seen more than 4 lately. That's in a week.

Comment

Road Rangers

That is correct, the Road Rangers program was cut because at the last minute they did not find a sponsor to give them 2M (or somewhere around 2M ). It is an awesome program. They not only help out the motoring public but are a great asset to us. Whenever there is a broken down car on a lane or road debris, they are the first one usually to arrive and take care of the problem. We miss them a lot on the midnight shift. I think they work 6am-8pm, with a 4 hour break in between.

Comment

Damn that sucks they couldn't find a sponsor.

Comment

Originally posted by frostbiteCRA View Post
          That is correct, the Road Rangers program was cut because at the last minute they did not find a sponsor to give them 2M (or somewhere around 2M ). It is an awesome program. They not only help out the motoring public but are a great asset to us. Whenever there is a broken down car on a lane or road debris, they are the first one usually to arrive and take care of the problem. We miss them a lot on the midnight shift. I think they work 6am-8pm, with a 4 hour break in between.
          That is not good. They helped me and my family out about 8 times in the past 5 years mostly with blowouts. There were always there within 30 minutes and were always very nice. Some of those incidents were in the Miami Gardens and Opa Locka area which is not a good area to be anytime much less after midnight.

Thanks everyone for the comeback.

Comment

Doesn't statefarm have the road rangers on the turnpike? Could you take the turn pike or is that really out of the way?

Comment

Originally posted by Taylor13 View Post
              Doesn't statefarm have the road rangers on the turnpike? Could you take the turn pike or is that really out of the way?
              The turnpike is not out of the way at all. I am going to tell my family to use the turnpike at night. I might start to use it more often myself late at night.

Comment

Originally posted by Miami-Dade View Post
                The turnpike is not out of the way at all. I am going to tell my family to use the turnpike at night. I might start to use it more often myself late at night.
                It's the same on the Pike too. Your best bet is to get AAA for about 80.00 a year (make sure you get AAA plus). Once you use it once, it will pay for itself.

Comment

Defiantly opt for the plus. I've had it for years now and it pays for itself many times over.
                  There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5350 users online. 295 members and 5055 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X