X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BOSMIA
    replied
    Originally posted by caseypj View Post
    You could say the same thing about being a 7/11 clerk, it's not extremely dangerous, but there is a certain level of risk involved.
    True. I just think its nuts they get paid so low.

Leave a comment:

• BOSMIA
    replied
    Police Hunt For Gunmen In Armored Truck Robbery
    Armored Truck Guard Shot, Police Say

POSTED: 4:18 pm EDT July 22, 2008
    UPDATED: 9:57 pm EDT July 22, 2008

MIAMI -- Police are searching for two men involved in an attempted armored truck robbery and shooting.

The Miami-Dade Police Department said two armed black males attempted to rob a Garda truck and shot the armored truck guard outside a CVS Pharmacy at 16550 Northeast 6th Avenue in Miami.

Police said at around 3 p.m. the men came out of a Jeep Sports Utility Vehicle and approached the armored truck driver. The truck driver crashed into the Jeep SUV after there was an exchanged of gunfire between the men and the driver.

The men left the Jeep SUV and an AK-47 at the scene. They fled in a white Ford Taurus with dark tints, which was waiting nearby. One of the gunmen was wearing a white shirt, the other was wearing a black hooded shirt, police said.

Police said no one in the CVS store was hurt.

The armored truck driver was shot in the leg. He was transported to Jackson Memorial Hospital Trauma Center.

Anyone with information regarding this incident is asked to contact Crime Stoppers at 305-471-TIPS.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    Originally posted by justhomp View Post
    They do what they can, I often see their "tactical" guys walking around with an AR or shotgun.

These badguys have one thing going for them... surprise. Very easy for these armored truck folk to become complacent.

At least the driver wouldn't give up and ran into the suspect's car. (Said on the news just now)
    Yeah I saw the driver side front panels messed up and the hood. Do you think those guys are actually trained? I know they've got shotguns, never seen them with an AR though.

Leave a comment:

• JTShooter
    replied
    They do what they can, I often see their "tactical" guys walking around with an AR or shotgun.

These badguys have one thing going for them... surprise. Very easy for these armored truck folk to become complacent.

At least the driver wouldn't give up and ran into the suspect's car. (Said on the news just now)

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    Originally posted by caseypj View Post
    You could say the same thing about being a 7/11 clerk, it's not extremely dangerous, but there is a certain level of risk involved.
    well exactly!

Leave a comment:

• caseypj
    replied
    Originally posted by BOSMIA View Post
    Those guards make 10 bucks an hour!! Who would do that job for that pay ????

Leave a comment:

• BOSMIA
    replied
    Wow I was right there in the area a few hours after the robbery!

Leave a comment:

• BOSMIA
    replied
    Those guards make 10 bucks an hour!! Who would do that job for that pay ????

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    replied
    I know, but it seems to be more of a fashion now.

Leave a comment:

• caseypj
    replied
    Driving an armored truck can be very dangerous, a very good friend of my father had some guys throw a homemade explosive device under the truck he was driving, I don't know if it's become more dangerous now but this happened back in the 70's.

Leave a comment:

• Taylor13
    started a topic Another armed truck robbery!

Another armed truck robbery!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7192228.story

I sware, I'll get a shotgun and provide security for these people. I know at one point I saw a brinks truck being followed by these guys who looked like they were S.W.A.T. and had shotguns. They provided security, but apparently, they don't do that anymore probably budget cuts.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5318 users online. 336 members and 4982 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X