300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• out of state help for 20 year old

I live in VA and am planning on going down to the Broward area to take my CJBAT in a couple weeks. Anyone know of a rental car company that would rent a car to a 20 year old? If not, anyone have any advice? How much are taxis down there? What about public transportation?? Thanks.
    "If you aint got no money take your broke a** home"

There is a similar thread about rental cars in Fort Lauderdale;

http://forums.officer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95733

Unfortunatley, being under 25 you're going to pay extra to rent a car....anywhere from $15.00 to $25.00 extra per day.

If you're coming down solely for the CJBAT at BCC-Davie, try and get a hotel in that area so a taxi ride won't cost you too much.

SR 84 in Fort Lauderdale has some decent hotels, which isn't too far from BCC. You'll also be able to walk to the beach and restaurants from those hotels as well.

There are some other guys on here that will chime in with some good info.

Best of Luck.
    It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Try hotwire.com. I rented a car when I went to Phoenix a couple of weeks ago. 11.95 a day for small cars.

Comment

There is a hotel walking distance from the police academy..so if it comes down to it you can walk there. I do not recall what the hotel is but I'm sure you can do some research. If you use public transportation I'm sure you will see a big difference from where you are from but never less it is transportation..best of luck

Comment

Where the company has an age restriction for the primary driver, you can usually have someone else rent the car for you and have you listed on the agreement as a second driver.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5450 users online. 304 members and 5146 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X