300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Depts. without recruiters ?

I recently had successful LASIK surgery and now as I wait for my vision to stabilize, I have been researching various south Florida depts. to find out what their policy's are towards LASIK. Some or most of the smaller agencies do not list their vision policy. When I look for a recruiter number there is none on their police dept. website. It seems the various cities and towns handle the hiring for the depts. but they don't list the vision requirements on their sites either.

Does anyone that has had LASIK and that applied to south Florida depts. (Broward and Dade) know what some of the vision policy's might be?

I know FLPD has one for 3 weeks. I also realize that most depts. in general, have 3 - 6 months to a year wait. I am anxious to apply or at least get the ball rolling so if anyone has an idea about the vision standards please let me know.

They (if not all, most) will accept you with eye surgery, as long as you meet the requirements for color vision and visual acuity.

Comment

Thanks Bigstakz.

I started making some calls and it seems the norm is corrected to either 20/20 or 20/30.... uncorrected no worse than 20/100. Thus far none have indicated a policy towards LASIK, only as you indicated, that an applicant must meet the general vision requirements.

Comment

Your welcome. Good Luck brother!

Comment

Take a look at http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/pdf/Vision.pdf

While these are the standards for California, the medical principles are pretty universal.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thanks L-1

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5136 users online. 326 members and 4810 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X