300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHP Shift Schedule, Etc.

Are the shift schedules 5/2? Are they considering 4/3 in the future?

BDU, etc. uniforms in the future? Looks doubtful, as the uniform seems to be a big part of their tradition?

Tasers? On the horizon?

FRS on the horizon?

Off-duty carry policy?

Can a trooper explain CIP assignments and their job? Per troop assignment, etc.

Thanks!

More misc questions to come...
    Last edited by Department 30; 03-02-2008, 11:19 PM.
    "Just when you think you know all the answers, we change the questions."
    -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Originally posted by Department 30 View Post
    Are the shift schedules 5/2? Are they considering 4/3 in the future?
    5/2 or 4/3 (normally reserved for DUI squads, but Miami doesn't have that anymore...lack of manpower)

BDU, etc. uniforms in the future? Looks doubtful, as the uniform seems to be a big part of their tradition?
    We have BDU's, but they're exclusively for training or natural disasters. (k-9 and traffic homicides wear them from time to time)

Tasers? On the horizon?
    Possibly, but I think they want us to get into a controversial shooting first

FRS on the horizon?
    We have the FRS

Off-duty carry policy?
    Yes. Can't be a cop if you don't carry off duty

Can a trooper explain CIP assignments and their job? Per troop assignment, etc.
    It's a position that's advertised whenever there are openings. Our felony teams work hand in hand with our k-9 guys.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

Cool thanks!
      -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

Man 4/3 are so much better. I hope they switch over soon.

Comment

Me too. Overtime

How much overtime does an average trooper work?
          -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

Schedule

4/3 sounds good but I think the man power issue is preventing us from going to that. Trust me 5/2 sucks!
            As far as overtime goes it depends: here are 2 types of overtime.

Regular Overtime: this happens when you have to handle an incident at the end of your shift and for the most part if its something that may take a few hours, another Trooper that just came out for the shift will take it. However, most of the time your supervisor will tell you to off-set (take that time that you earned off the next day) because the state has no money for overtime. Now, if it's at the end of the weekly cycle or if you can't off-set it due to man power, then you earn it.

Off-Duty Police Employment, SOAR, HIREBACK: These are other forms of off-duty (Overtime) and the pay rate varies. Off-Duty is private sector and is at a set rate ($35, $45) depends that the company pays. Most private sector off-duties are $40 and up.

SOAR is state overtime and that is paid at 1.5 your hourly salary rate. That is usually out on the road patrolling and aggressively enforcing the traffic laws.

Hireback is DOT overtime and for the most part is also 1.5 your hourly salary rate. This is usually security at a rest area, service plazas on the turnpike, and some other form of security/enforcement (i.e. Toll enforcement, HOV enforcement, construction zone speed enforcement,etc.)
            We are authorized to work 32 extra hours a week of any combination of overtime/offduty (for a total of 72 hours a week). Due to our current pay issue, a lot of Trooper will work at least 16 extra hours a week, some work 32. I don't know how they do it....

Comment

Thanks frostbite

Comment

Ill be working +32. Can't wait. Seriously.

With the off-duty carry policy question I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant things like required to carry cuffs as well, or only duty weapon or one on an authorized list, or required to carry badge next to weapon.

Some agencies have these types of finer points in their carry policy, and was wondering what was contained the Highway Patrol's.

And thanks Frostbite for your continued valuable information.
                -"Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Comment

Originally posted by Department 30 View Post
                  Ill be working +32. Can't wait. Seriously.

With the off-duty carry policy question I'm sorry I wasn't clear. I meant things like required to carry cuffs as well, or only duty weapon or one on an authorized list, or required to carry badge next to weapon.

Some agencies have these types of finer points in their carry policy, and was wondering what was contained the Highway Patrol's.

And thanks Frostbite for your continued valuable information.
                  wow 32 hrs of OT would burn me out in no time!

Comment

Wouldn't working so much OT reflect on your performance when on duty? I personally would love the overtime but wouldn't want to overdo it to the point where my being tired made me complacent. We have to be alert at all times when on duty
                    Applied FHP-01/08/08
                    CJBAT/PAT-04/23/08

Comment

Look, when your off-duty, YOU ARE OFF-DUTY! It's up to you if you want to carry your gun (if you do you will need to carry your credentials of course). But you are not required to carry handcuffs, of anything like that. I mean, bro! you are resting and enjoying your time off. I could see if you are a rookie you may want to get involved in stuff, but here in So Florida we have plenty of police around that can respond to anything.
                      Now, I always carry my gun just in case some nut threatens my life and that of my family. Like it happened yesterday at a Wendy's restaurant in West Palm Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by frostbiteCRA View Post
                        Look, when your off-duty, YOU ARE OFF-DUTY! It's up to you if you want to carry your gun (if you do you will need to carry your credentials of course). But you are not required to carry handcuffs, of anything like that. I mean, bro! you are resting and enjoying your time off. I could see if you are a rookie you may want to get involved in stuff, but here in So Florida we have plenty of police around that can respond to anything.
                        Now, I always carry my gun just in case some nut threatens my life and that of my family. Like it happened yesterday at a Wendy's restaurant in West Palm Beach.

Amen to that

Comment

does FHP have a DRE(drug recognition experts)..if so how would a trooper be eligible to receive the training...i know corporals are THI certified..could one be a K9 unit and DRE? thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tundra87 View Post
                            does FHP have a DRE(drug recognition experts)..if so how would a trooper be eligible to receive the training...i know corporals are THI certified..could one be a K9 unit and DRE? thanks!
                            I know they do because one of my SFST Instructors was an FHP DRE

Comment

Originally posted by frostbiteCRA View Post
                              4/3 sounds good but I think the man power issue is preventing us from going to that. Trust me 5/2 sucks!
                              As far as overtime goes it depends: here are 2 types of overtime.
                              What about going to the 12's?

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6158 users online. 250 members and 5908 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X