300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well... what the heck

I had an application going for FWC reserve officer, and they sent me a ltter togday saying after doing a BG inv. I was ineligable due to issues arising from my working w/ the local PD.

What the heck? All I do is dispatch- and I have perfect attendance, and I dont know what happened.. Im not bonded or anything last I knew. I dont know why working for a PD in a civilian position makes me ineligable.
    Updated on: 12/28/09

Call a recruiter and ask?

Comment

not on a Sunday- but yes, I will tomarrow.
      Updated on: 12/28/09

Comment

I understand your point, but you have to understand that you may not be a sworn officer in the department you work for but you already work for a police department. So if you look at it you will be working for two police departments. That is was caused the conflict of interest. Why not become a full time LEO

Comment

I'm just winging it here, but I suspect that one of the minimum requirements for both jobs is the ability to report for duty in an emergency, without prior notice, at any hour of the night or day, irrespective of other responsibilities. If a major emergency comes up that affects both agencies at the same time, or if two different emergencies come up at the same time affecting both agencies separately, who will you respond to and who will you abandon? I think that's where the conflict rests.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3148 users online. 143 members and 3005 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X