300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Background INFO!!!! I need help!!!

I was just wondering How do police department look at your credit??? I'm in debt about $3,500$, and I was wondering, would that affect me???..... any comments would greatly be appreciated...

Ya, it all depends. For example, are you in debt because of gambling or a car payment?
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Everyone has some type of dept. It's your credit they are looking at. Having good credit indicates that you are a responsible person. If you pay your bills on time and haven't gone to collections recently (or often), you should be ok.
      Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

355339 is right. It's not the real amount of debt. Sure they don't want you to be 100k in debt, but as long as you're making your payments and are not in collections you'll be fine.

Comment

Check out http://www.post.ca.gov/selection/bim/bi.pdf

Go to page 5-34 and check out the section marked Financial. It will answer most of your questions on credit history. While written for California, the standards are pretty universal.
          Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

Thanks L-1!!! That link was very very Helpful........

Comment

Originally posted by HaitianCop86 View Post
              Thanks L-1!!! That link was very very Helpful........
              HaitianCop, Where about in Miami are you located?
              WadsonF 10-4's the above statement.

Comment

Wadson, I'm located in North Miami, Florida...

Comment

does that mean im doomed because i filed chapter 7, 12 years ago and now i have $1900. in collections because of a bad business decision??

Comment

$3,500 in debt isn't ANYTHING to worry about, even if you're not making $120K like another poster said. Don't sweat it.
                    Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

Hydro, it never hurts to apply, but 1900 in collections doesn't look good..
                      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

LCPL, thanks for replying! The $1900.00 will be paid off before i even apply to FHP. Do you know if doomed anyway? My credit score is in the high 600's now. And i know it will be in the 700's when paid off. I wonder how far back they go when checking the credit report. Good luck with Seminole County, I plan on applying there if the highway patrol doesnt pan out. There or Osceola County, i hear its a great place to work too.

Comment

Just explain your situation and how you handled it and they'll probably be cool with it.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10067 users online. 494 members and 9573 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X