300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FHP - Scheduled for the PAT & CJBAT

I'm scheduled for Feb. 25, 2008 @ the Turnpike service plaza on mile marker 19.

Quick question, do they have us do anything else besides the two tests & turning in the supplemental application? Also, are anyone of you going to be there? I'm excited for this!

I had to be at the one today, but had class so I couldnt make it. Maybe I'll reschedule to be at that one on the 25th. Thats the one in the Snapper Creek Plaza, right?

Comment

Originally posted by luis.FL07 View Post
      I had to be at the one today, but had class so I couldnt make it. Maybe I'll reschedule to be at that one on the 25th. Thats the one in the Snapper Creek Plaza, right?

Yeah it's the one at Snapper Creek Plaza, call and reschedule for sure man

BTW a buddy of mine recently passed the swim test for Miccosukee PD also, his name is Manny

Comment

As Far As I Know Yes

Only those 2 tests will be administer that day as far as I know. Call your recruiter and ask for sure, but that should be it.
        I may be there since that is the area I work.

Comment

Originally posted by gxszone View Post

Quick question, do they have us do anything else besides the two tests & turning in the supplemental application? Also, are anyone of you going to be there? I'm excited for this!
          Yeah, you go through the app. page by page. Then PAT then come back and do the CJBAT. Plan on at least 4 hours.
          - J.R.

Comment

Yeah, i'll be there too. I'm coming from fort lauderdale and i know it's a long drive. I only have to take the PAT.

Comment

I am going to the one in Orlando on the 27th of Feb. at 6AM. I went through
              most of this stuff before. I made it to the psych test in Miami and failed it, so I am trying again. This time flying down from Connecticut. Hope this is worth it. I really want this!!

Comment

It's worth it if you complete the process and get hired. I went through the CT state police application back in 2001/2002 and flew up there a few times, only to be told that at this time there is a hiring freeze. Oh well, that's life. We have 198 vacancies so there is no hiring freeze with us (FHP) no where near the the future, I hope.

Comment

I just got my letter today for testing on the 25th as well, alas, I have to reschedule as I will be out of state then. I will be calling to do that, and also to ask if there is a practice session for the PAT. Does anyone know if they allow practice? I already took the BAT elsewhere so when I do go for the PAT I hope to be out of there quickly, and not as "plan to be there all day" as the letter states! I must admit Im pretty psyched about the opportunity to join FHP, if I make it that far. I know the pay sucks but you never know, maybe that will change in due course. I also like the ability to transfer anywhere in Florida, as I may like to leave Miami sooner than later!
                  Last edited by PS100; 01-28-2008, 09:25 PM.
                  FHP:

1) APPLICATION: 03/2010
                  2) PAT: 06/2010 PASSED
                  3) POLYGRAPH: 11/2010 PASSED
                  4) PSYCHOLOGICAL: 1/2011 PASSED
                  5) MEDICAL AND VISION: 2/2011 PASSED
                  6) BACKGROUND: PENDING
                  7) COLONEL'S DECISION: PENDING
                  8) ACADEMY: PENDING

Comment

Originally posted by JLRapp18 View Post
                    Yeah, you go through the app. page by page. Then PAT then come back and do the CJBAT. Plan on at least 4 hours.
                    The authorization for release of information form, included in the supplemental application, has to be notarized, right? Also as per the agency which will have access, should I make that out to "Florida Highway Patrol"?

I keep reading the PAT procedures and the only part I have a question on is when we go ahead and touch the flags with opposite hands from behind our backs... do we literately put the right hand behind our back to touch the flag over by the left hip, and then vice versa with the left hand?

Comment

Originally posted by FUTUREcop954 View Post
                      Yeah, i'll be there too. I'm coming from fort lauderdale and i know it's a long drive. I only have to take the PAT.

I'll see you there man

Comment

I'm not sure if you are allowed to practice. The best advise I can give you is stay fit. Do some running, and work on your legs. The dummy drag/carry is the worse part cuz you use your legs muscles. Also, remember, the pay is not that bad for starting Troopers. It's once you hit your 3rd or 4th year that you will get stuck at the same level. Good luck.

Comment

The authorization for release of information form, included in the supplemental application, has to be notarized, right? Also as per the agency which will have access, should I make that out to "Florida Highway Patrol"?

I keep reading the PAT procedures and the only part I have a question on is when we go ahead and touch the flags with opposite hands from behind our backs... do we literately put the right hand behind our back to touch the flag over by the left hip, and then vice versa with the left hand?
                          Yes!

Comment

i have a question, i just filled out the pre-employment application, i took the CJBAT on my own in Jan. 14th, and scored a 89, is this okay for them, or do i have to retake it? god i hope not. lol

Comment

Ok all of you who want to be troopers, here is some information. Do yourself a favor and don't waste your time if "traffic enforcement and crash investigation" as primary duties scares you. We don't need more complainers who get on then gripe that they don't like traffic duty. Traffic is our business. It is an important part of law enforcement. Traffic crashes kill over 40,000 Americans each year and injure four times that number. We have statewide jurisdiction, but we are not a state police. This means we do not typically answer routine police calls for service in unincorporated areas. This is what the Florida Sheriff's Offices do throughout the state. We do provide assistance to local agencies when it's requested. We respond to areas affected by natural disasters, riots, etc.. including out of state (ex. Mississippi for Katrina). The job offers a lot of freedom and lacks the micromanagement more often found in a local department. Our salary has been a problem for some time, but I believe it will be addressed soon. The tragedy on I-4 with the 70-car (5 deaths) crash was the catalyst for this.

Our new Colonel and Executive director have made several recent changes to make the Trooper's job better. Pay is the number 1 priority of the administration, but they are taking suggestions from the troops and making changes.

These are just some of the changes made or in the making.

Trooper's choice for vehicle-CVPI or Hemi Charger
                              Tahoe for THI

Trooper's choice to carry a patrol rifle (at their own expense at this time).

An increase in the residency mileage requirement from 30 to 50 air miles from city of assignment.

City of assignment given at the time of hiring in writing.

Establishing a longevity pay system.

More changes are to come. If this sounds like an organization you want to be a part of then by all means apply.
                              We need good, motivated people who want to Be Florida State Troopers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4445 users online. 277 members and 4168 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X