300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troopers only please

OK troopers, I’ve heard from one about what you make. Will you tell me what you make on average with normal OT. i.e. court, special events, and so on. Not your buy back and off duty work.

Thank you

I sent you a PM.

Comment

hey frostbite can you send me a pm with the same info,im also applying for fhp and would like to know,,, thx

Comment

I test in Tallahassee on Oct 20

Comment

im not shure what test you mean,,, ive taken the written test,, physical test, and passed them both,and i have taken the poly and the examiner told me i did a good job,he didnt tell me i passed and i havnt recieved the letter yet so im assuming since i told the truth i passed,,, can you send me that info about pay that frostbite sent to you im interested in knowing also,,thx,,,,,, well good luck on your test

Comment

lol you might as well copy and past the info in here cause many people are interested in the FHP

Comment

Fhp Pay

Well, most of our pay info is on our website and is plain and simple:
              STARTING SALARY
              $33,977.04 yearly

Starting Salary (South Florida-East/West)
              $38,976.84 yearly
              Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade,Monroe, Collier, and Lee Counties

Academy Recruit Salary $2,514.88 per month

Now, the salary will NOT change much over the years, unless state legislators can find the money to give us a pay raise. We do have a step plan but it's not funded so it's useless. However, we have a variety of Overtime we can work. Private sector off-duty, state hire-back, state SOAR, OT for court, incidental OT...Etc.
              Some Troopers double, and in rare occasions triple their salary with OT. But with extra hours comes being away from the family and not having too much time off to do the things you enjoy.
              My advise to anyone applying to FHP is: make sure you pay off ALL OF YOUR DEBT if possible before going to the academy.

On a side note, the job is great and has lots other benefits. For example state sponsored retirement, take home car, all gear issued to you and that includes computers, radars,etc., all of the freedom you can handle, free tuition to any college and state university, no roll call,......and many more.
              So if you can deal with the low pay, you will be alright.

I'm not a recruiter and I will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. Other FHP Troopers post here so I'm sure all of your questions will be answered.

Frostbite

Comment

Man, those positives do sound nice for a young guy with no kids, but its tough seeing myself with a pay like that when i have 2 kids a nagging wife and a freaking mortgage to pay.

The question is, is it worth getting married? lol

Comment

Is Miami-Dade's PAT scores acceptable with FHP?

Hey, does anyone here know if the PAT that you take for FHP is the same that's administered at Miami-Dade College? I plan on taking the PAT for MBPD, but I also wanted to find out if I can use those scores for FHP, as well.
                  "A man is a fool if he tries to pet the dog that once bit him."- Cheif William Gillespie

Comment

Im takin the PAT this saturday for MBPD at dade,

Also, from what ive read around here, FHP wants you to do their PAT for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by frostbiteCRA View Post
                      Well, most of our pay info is on our website and is plain and simple:
                      STARTING SALARY
                      $33,977.04 yearly

Starting Salary (South Florida-East/West)
                      $38,976.84 yearly
                      Palm Beach, Broward, Miami-Dade,Monroe, Collier, and Lee Counties

Academy Recruit Salary $2,514.88 per month

Now, the salary will NOT change much over the years, unless state legislators can find the money to give us a pay raise. We do have a step plan but it's not funded so it's useless. However, we have a variety of Overtime we can work. Private sector off-duty, state hire-back, state SOAR, OT for court, incidental OT...Etc.
                      Some Troopers double, and in rare occasions triple their salary with OT. But with extra hours comes being away from the family and not having too much time off to do the things you enjoy.
                      My advise to anyone applying to FHP is: make sure you pay off ALL OF YOUR DEBT if possible before going to the academy.

On a side note, the job is great and has lots other benefits. For example state sponsored retirement, take home car, all gear issued to you and that includes computers, radars,etc., all of the freedom you can handle, free tuition to any college and state university, no roll call,......and many more.
                      So if you can deal with the low pay, you will be alright.

I'm not a recruiter and I will attempt to answer your questions to the best of my knowledge. Other FHP Troopers post here so I'm sure all of your questions will be answered.

Frostbite
                      Frostbite I hope all is well with you man.

Has the recruit pay or the starting salary increased since your orig post in Sept 2007?

Comment

BOSMIA...I'm sure Frostbite will address your question...but from the information provided on the web site the pay remains the same.

I don't know Frostbite other than from the Forum...but I feel for him. He seems to be very passionate about FHP as I've followed many of his posts however the State really needs to do a better job with the Troopers. I don't blame anyone with FHP looking to see if the grass is greener on the other side (which it is). It's hard for those die-hard Troopers to make ends meet with their families, house/car payments, etc.

FHP is still my first pick. I'm young, no wife/kids/debt. So we'll see...waiting for my poly date.
                        Last edited by ChRdy21799; 05-28-2008, 12:30 AM. Reason: :-)
                        It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by ChRdy21799 View Post
                          I don't know Frostbite other than from the Forum...but I feel for him. He seems to be very passionate about FHP as I've followed many of his posts however the State really needs to better job with the Troopers. I don't blame anyone with FHP looking to see if the grass is greener on the other side (which it is). It's hard for those die-hard Troopers to make ends meet with their families, house/car payments, etc.
                          FHP is still my first pick. I'm young, no wife/kids/debt. So we'll see...
                          i feel the exact same...frostbite is a light to me as well. with all of the negativity swarming around fhp, his posts/attitude gives me reason to stay on my course for fhp. money doesnt matter much to me anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by PhilosophyNerd View Post
                            Hey, does anyone here know if the PAT that you take for FHP is the same that's administered at Miami-Dade College? I plan on taking the PAT for MBPD, but I also wanted to find out if I can use those scores for FHP, as well.
                            From what i've read on their website, the PAT at dade is almost the same exact thing as FHP but, they still want you to do theirs.

Also they (State of Florida) need to do a better job paying ALL State Law Enforcement Agencies.

Comment

Originally posted by pyro2 View Post
                              i feel the exact same...frostbite is a light to me as well. with all of the negativity swarming around fhp, his posts/attitude gives me reason to stay on my course for fhp. money doesnt matter much to me anyways.

Good deal...where are you in the process?
                              It is Attitude, not circumstance, that makes Success possible even in the most unlikely conditions.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4455 users online. 281 members and 4174 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X