300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 of my freinds fail the bpad

so two of my freinds took the bpad for miramar. mine got rescheduled for the 18th. Now im real worried all it said was that they did not successfully complete the bpad. wtf does that mean?

what can i do to prepare im really worried now

I had a friend that was a recruiter for a dept in South FL. His dept wanted to use the bpad system so they did a little test with their own officers...

Most of them failed it! I think its a horrible tool and do not understand why it is still around. And I actually passed it a few times.

Comment

Back when I was processing with agencies I had to take the bpad for a few of them. I didn't think it was that difficult. If you don't have LEO experience they are just looking for you to give somewhat educated answers. Don't say, "well in this situation I would do this.....". They want you to pretend that you are in the moment and act like its all real. Also, don't look over at the camera and talk. Look at the person on the tv screen and talk to them as if they are right in front of you. As long as you do that you'll be fine.

Comment

im just so frustrated with the whole job search thing I got my degree in criminal justice and now im trying hard to get a job and it looks like no one in the world wants to hire me or they take to freaking long to respond back im so discouraged and im starting to fall under the financial pressure. It freaking sucks. Ive been looking into other government jobs but i cant find jack that hire relatively quickly.

Comment

Make a list of every agency in South Florida (or whereever) and call every recruiter you can. You can get a good idea who is hiring that way

Comment

i passed one bpad and then 2 weeks later i failed it for another dept...that was about 3 years ago before i got hired...

Comment

Originally posted by mrmyz View Post
              im just so frustrated with the whole job search thing I got my degree in criminal justice and now im trying hard to get a job and it looks like no one in the world wants to hire me or they take to freaking long to respond back im so discouraged and im starting to fall under the financial pressure. It freaking sucks. Ive been looking into other government jobs but i cant find jack that hire relatively quickly.
              Have you ever thought at looking at other States?

Comment

I thought the bpad was hard but after actually taking it, it's not that difficult Just use COMMON SENSE

Comment

Originally posted by angela1434 View Post
                  Have you ever thought at looking at other States?
                  is that how you did it i see arizona so im assuming you did mesa?

Comment

Originally posted by bigstakz View Post
                    I thought the bpad was hard but after actually taking it, it's not that difficult Just use COMMON SENSE
                    Common sense can only take you so far my friend. Most non-leos have no idea about elements of a crime, officer safety, field interview, danger zone. You can’t expect someone to engage a giving situation that requires LE experience and successfully pass without compromising officers safety. Police officers handle different situation depending on the threat level and adjust their tactics accordingly. I’ve taking several BPADS as an LEO and failed none. The first BPAD I took as a non-leo was very close and I almost didn’t pass. Everytime I called they told me that it was still under review.

Comment

Originally posted by FLPD698 View Post
                      Common sense can only take you so far my friend. Most non-leos have no idea about elements of a crime, officer safety, field interview, danger zone. You can’t expect someone to engage a giving situation that requires LE experience and successfully pass without compromising officers safety. Police officers handle different situation depending on the threat level and adjust their tactics accordingly. I’ve taking several BPADS as an LEO and failed none. The first BPAD I took as a non-leo was very close and I almost didn’t pass. Everytime I called they told me that it was still under review.
                      got any tips

Comment

Hmmm.............

Originally posted by FLPD698 View Post

So why do some departments grade NON LEO's so harshly? After all the test was supposedly designed for the untrained person to pass based on good people skills and integrity.

Comment

Originally posted by bigstakz View Post
                          So why do some departments grade NON LEO's so harshly? After all the test was supposedly designed for the untrained person to pass based on good people skills and integrity.
                          I absolutely agree with you, WHY, do agencies use the same system for LEOs and Non-LEOs? I wish I had the answer for that one my friend, but I don’t. The BPAD was designed to measure behavioral competence and in theory, a candidate is challenge to perform and handle a certain situation as if the situation was really happening. In short, they are testing you on behavioral consistency and how you handle each situation giving to you.

So in theory if we were all giving situation where you had to deal with people in an everyday affairs like for example: An angry customer who has been waiting a long time to talk to a manager or a person who was been overcharged for an item in a store. Then I can see where everyone could be graded fairly based on how you escalated or de-escalated the situation in order to defuse the situation. However, the problem with the BPAD is that most of the scenarios are involving law enforcement behavioral situation, which can’t possibly be applied to all.

I’m sure that the makers of the BPAD will argue that the system does work for all but are not transparent about how exactly the grading scale works for non-LEOs. So what if the scenarios were all about surgery and operating tables? How can an LEO be expected compete against certified physicians?

They should have separate scenarios for candidates that are non-certified and those that are. Of course I’m sure that there’s going to be some flamer here that will claim that he had never failed a BPAD and he’s not a cop.

Comment

damn the times coming up for my bpad and im getting nervous I have to take it on the 18th because they rescheduled. So i guess I will post up some of the scenarios ive heard about so I can get an idea about officer safety from you guys. Im gonna ask my freinds what the scenarios were again so i can try and prepare.

Comment

Originally posted by mrmyz View Post
                              damn the times coming up for my bpad and im getting nervous I have to take it on the 18th because they rescheduled. So i guess I will post up some of the scenarios ive heard about so I can get an idea about officer safety from you guys. Im gonna ask my freinds what the scenarios were again so i can try and prepare.
                              Just relax and be yourself. That's what I've been told that most departments are looking for. They want to see the real you so they can get a sense of what you're going to be like a few years down the road when you're wearing their badge.

I had a Sergeant who sits on the oral boards for a dept. down here tell me that most times they can figure out who is BSing their way through the process. You're going to pysch yourself out and you're going to fail. Just relax and do what comes naturally.
                              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4855 users online. 309 members and 4546 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X