300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B-pad

Can anyone give any insight on what to expect on the B-PAD test?

It is a video based assessment of basically how well you are able to "immerse" yourself in a situation. They are looking to see that you can gather information as the characters talk and then give instruction and ask appropriate questions. It requires no experience to pass (I got a 96/100 or something) when I took it for Columbus, OH Police but the reviewers of the tape WILL be able to determine certain behavior characteristics based on it. My best advice is to sit up straight, listen carefully, and do not over-react to any situation. I promised not to disclose any scenarios (although I'm sure there are tons and they are random) and so I will not be able to tell you what scenes to expect.
    Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

Thanks so much Jethro1984

Comment

No problem. They will likely explain everything to you before you take it. When the words "Respond" appear on the screen I think you have 45 seconds to respond, as I remember. You do not need to fill all of the time, I only used about 15-20 seconds of each one, if that. Good luck to you, I actually enjoyed it. Be positive and I'm sure you'll have a good time.
        Jeff

:< Never argue with an idiot....They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience >:

Comment

I have taken polygraphs before, but can you explain the difference between the CVSA? By the way I passed the poly's.

Comment

Sure

The CVSA is a voice based truth verification test. A "Computerized Voice Stress Analysis". Essentially the human voice has a range of between 8 and 12 Hz. At normal stress levels the voice is between 8 and 10 Hz and contains both AM and FM frequencies (only AM frequencies are audible to the human ear). When a person is under stress (possibly due to being deceptive) the voice jumps into the 11 and 12 Hz range and the FM frequency disappears. Again this is an inaudible difference to the human ear, but a microphone is able to pick this up and a computer processes it into charts that show the varying level in your voice during the response. If you are being deveptive, the examiner will be able to discover a pattern in the response chart. On a good response (as my most recent examiner explained to me) the response chart (each question has a squiggly chart thing) should be shaped like a Christmas tree. If there is a clear box shape in the chart, this indicates possible deception.

In my mind, I think that the polygraph is likely to be more accurate because it measures more physiological responses, but the CVSA is more relaxed because of how it is administered. I think what I have said will make more sense when you take one. I greatly prefer the CVSA to the polygraph because it is more relaxed and literally stress-free.
            Jeff

Comment

I took a polygraph for miami dade p.d for police officer position and i passed it with no problems.

I took a CVSA with Miami Springs P.d for public service aide. Apparently ive recently done marijuana and cocaine??

Go figure.

Comment

Wow. Thats terrible!

Comment

a CVSA revealed i've philandered with prostitutes! shhh, don't tell anyone.
                  passed all 5 polys taken, with same/similar questions.

also the BPAD is goofy to me. they now have interactive training, BPAD like with random outcomes based on what the operator or the computer does with the scenario.
                  just try not to laugh during the BPAD, take an LEO approach to things and you should pass with ease.
                  Last edited by dogma vs karma; 07-30-2007, 06:44 AM.
                  "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Well guys, today is the day. This is the only portion of the process that i've been so nervous about. I don't know why, but it has. So wish me luck! By the way last suggestions?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4867 users online. 308 members and 4559 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X