Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FWC Closing Date 11-30-21

Hey Everyone,

This is for everyone that has applied for FWC for the Fall of '21. This is the third time I've applied and is the second time I will have actually gone through the process. The first time was cancelled due to Covid, so that doesn't count. Feel free to introduce yourself and ask as many questions as you want. Knowledge shared is power multiplied. Just remember, no two process are the same, and this will take a long time. Good luck to everyone.
    Last edited by WheelBoss71; 07-27-2022, 08:08 PM.

I just submitted my supplemental application yesterday. I’m coming from the construction field, owning my business for way too long. It’ll be my first time applying with FWC or ANY law enforcement agencies.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Welcome! This process will test your patience. What made you want to make the jump?

• Dwlow
      Dwlow commented
      Editing a comment
      Maturity. I finally, truly understand the saying “ choose a job you love and you’ll never work a day in life“.

I totally understand that! I'm at the same point in mine. Looks like interviews and PAT will be Feb 16th-20.

Comment

If you haven't checked. They sent out emails regarding scheduling interviews and PAT. Physicans forms were sent today. Good luck to everyone.

Comment

Hey guys just submitted my supplemental app.

Comment

Going at it again? Same here, what day are you signed up for?

Comment

First time going at it this round. All scheduled for Sunday.

Where are you guys applying from? Jax here.

Look forward to hopefully seeing you all in academy!

Comment

• Dwlow
              Dwlow commented
              Editing a comment
              I’m in Jacksonville, Middleburg actually.

• Sean Rogers
              Sean Rogers commented
              Editing a comment
              Not too far! I’m near Southside.

Whats going on everybody, here we go again. Going on sat. Good luck to everybody

Comment

Hey we got some familiar faces from last cycle! What’s up guys? I put in again but not sure if I can make it to the pat/interview. We’ll see how that pans out. Welcome first time applicants, if there’s one piece of advice i can give ya it’s that “no news is good news”.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
                WheelBoss71 commented
                Editing a comment
                I hope you make it.... And you hit the nail on the head, no news is good news.

Good luck to everyone this week! Remember the swim isn't timed. Don't burn yourself out, just get it done. Save some for the PAT.

Comment

Took me forever to find this new thread, glad you started a new one for this round. It's my second time around after not getting past the interview last year. Did my PAT/interview today. How does everyone think they did?

Comment

• Dean13
                  Dean13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Goodluck! That's a good point. They told me the same thing this time around, but I kept catching myself trying not to repeat myself.

• WheelBoss71
                  WheelBoss71 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Where at the academy did they do the PAT? I know it maybe cold in the morning if it's outside.

• Eddyp0311
                  Eddyp0311 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They do the pat test in the driving course, it was pretty cold today

• Dean13
                  Dean13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Eddy, I heard on the outside course you guys had to push the sled on the asphalt. Did it seem to slide easy? We pushed it on turf in the soccer place and it almost felt glued down compared to last year.

Well now we wait. I hope everyone did well this weekend, I feel like I bombed the interview. We’ll see I guess.

Comment

• Dean13
                  Dean13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Goodluck! Even a bad interview is a good one, the experience will help for next time. What do you feel like went wrong? If you don't mind me asking.

• Dwlow
                  Dwlow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I let my nerves get to me. I answered questions with short straight to the point responses, leaving out a lot of opportunities to brag about myself or things I’ve done. Like giving only a couple examples instead of several more I could’ve given.
                  Last edited by Dwlow; 02-21-2022, 01:24 PM.

• WheelBoss71
                  WheelBoss71 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You know, it could go either way. If you hit the points that they were looking for, then a short answer can get the point across. You have to walk the fine line between word vomit and answering the question to the point. I tend to talk a bit too much. How long was your interview? Did anyone have a time limit?

• Dean13
                  Dean13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I feel like I did the exact same thing in my interview. I felt confident and relaxed all day until I got in the room and then my brain shut down. Wheelboss, I think the time limit is 30 minutes. But mine couldn't have taken more than 10.

Hey guys! This is my first time applying as well. What were some of y’all’s pat times? We did ours outside on the pavement and it did seem to stick a little bit.

Comment

• Dwlow
                  Dwlow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Welcome. My pat time was 6:43. I was hoping to for better but I made it.

• Dean13
                  Dean13 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  6:35 in the soccer place. Much harder to push the sled on the turf than it was on concrete last year.

• Dwlow
                  Dwlow commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah the turf definitely sucked. The sled stuck to it but my feet sure didn’t.

Yeah the one we did in the parking lot was right after the rain so your shoes get good and wet on the pavement then it was pretty slick on the turf. Still got 6:30 something though so it’s okay. Hopefully we’ll hear something sooner than later

Comment

Has anyone heard anything yet?

Comment

• Devo9468
                    Devo9468 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Nope nothing here so far

• WheelBoss71
                    WheelBoss71 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    So, the candidates that are going to Monroe County will be going to class in the Keys. This coincides with the Monroe County position that recently closed. However, that academy starts in June. I think they are rushing those folks through so they can start. I think the rest of us are in a holding pattern until they figure out who is capable of living in Monroe.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2336 users online. 180 members and 2156 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X