• Show
Clear All

• Devo9468
    replied
    Anyone here yet?

Leave a comment:

• Fmatos
    commented on 's reply
    Thank you! And best of luck in the academy to everyone!

• WheelBoss71
    commented on 's reply
    Just be neat and clean, make sure you have a fresh trim and a haircut. Dress to impress, you'll be fine!

• Fmatos
    replied
    Thank you for the information. Yea I've been swimming every since I submitted my application. I can do 75 yards so far just got to dig deep that day. I have another question I currently have a low beard on my face would you guys recommend taking it off for the interview? Or just a very clean cut? Trying to make the best impression. First time attending a law enforcement interview.

Thank you

Leave a comment:

• Devo9468
    commented on 's reply
    What dean said. Save as much effort as you can for the pat test. The swim test isn’t timed so take it nice and easy!

• Dean13
    commented on 's reply
    It believe it was 3 laps. Just take your time with it, there's no time limit, so don't rush and wear yourself out. Swim every chance you get, as far as you can to get used to the motion and strain of it. It's a crazy good workout. Also, it never hurts to watch youtube videos on perfecting your strokes, the better your strokes are, the more efficient you will be, and the less tired you'll get. Good luck! It's a somewhat stressful day, but it's fun if you look at it the right way!

• Fmatos
    replied
    Hey ladies and gentlemen! Congratulations to you guys going to the academy!

I've been following this group for a while now. I am a new applicant to the application that closed in September 5th. Will be going up for the PAT in November. I won't lie I am a bit nervous especially about the swim, I have been practicing day to day. Any insight or advice in regards to the swim? How many laps?

Anyhow wish you all the best in the academy! Keep posting about life in the academy will be nice to see you guys journey

Leave a comment:

• Dean13
    commented on 's reply
    Google maps brings you to the right place

• agoravec
    commented on 's reply
    Yes lol for some reason it does that, so I just type in Florida Public Safety Institute and use that address.

• Devo9468
    replied
    Anyone else pull the address up and realize Apple Maps tries to take you to FSU instead of the academy lol

Leave a comment:

• Dean13
    commented on 's reply
    Hit me when I realized tomorrow morning is my last chance to sleep in for a WHILE. Everyone rest up, we've got some fun times ahead of us!

• WheelBoss71
    commented on 's reply
    I know what you mean.... After the meeting I pulled out my suitcase to start packing and thats when it hit me. This has definitely been a long journey.

• agoravec
    commented on 's reply
    Looking forward to it. Same here, it still doesn’t even feel real yet! Crazy to think well all be there in less than 48 hours

• Devo9468
    replied
    Looking forward to finally meeting all of y’all that have been along for the ride over the past year. It didn’t really sink in that I was actually leaving until today when I went and got my tires rotated and oil changed lol

Leave a comment:

• WheelBoss71
    commented on 's reply
    Wasn't just you! I was starting to think something was wrong with my internet

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2162 users online. 146 members and 2016 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X