Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • WheelBoss71
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2020

Nope. Probably won't hear anything for another couple of weeks. This process will test your patience. The motto for every Public Agency is typically "Hurry-up and Wait".

Comment

• Devo9468
      Forum Member
      • Feb 2022

I thought they had said it would 4 weeks when I was down there after the interview. Friday makes 4 weeks for me so I don’t know exactly how long it’s going to take.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        For what it's worth, they told me it would take 4 weeks to compile all the scores and 5-6 weeks for notifications to be made. When I interviewed at the end of July 2021, I got my results on August 31st. Check your cornerstone account periodically. It updates whenever they look at your file. So when the last modified date changes, it generally means some news or tasks are coming.

• Baileyan
        Baileyan commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey! My brother is in FWC and told me the person who reviews the process was put on vacation last week so it may take a bit longer than they mentioned.

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        My cornerstone account is showing being modified today. Hopefully some news coming to us soon
    • Lawlmens
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2022

Mine went modified today as well. Been waiting for an approval to post on here glad to see someone started this thread while I've been biting my finger nails. I wouldn't imagine too much longer before a response good or bad?

Comment

• Devo9468
        Devo9468 commented
        Editing a comment
        Same here! Been checking daily and my cornerstone just went modified today!

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Should be good news, last year when I went through the process I didn't pass the interview and my account never showed being modified. So fingers crossed!
    • Lawlmens
      Forum Member
      • Mar 2022

Originally posted by Lawlmens
      Mine went modified today as well. Been waiting for an approval to post on here glad to see someone started this thread while I've been biting my finger nails. I wouldn't imagine too much longer before a response good or bad?
      I'm wondering if they're doing them in alphabetical order by last name, or the date you interviewed / PAT test was done, or lowest/highest scores first?

Comment

• Devo9468
        Devo9468 commented
        Editing a comment
        This would make sense. My last name starts with a W so I I’ve always been at the end of alphabetical order lol.

• Lawlmens
        Lawlmens commented
        Editing a comment
        Maybe the ones who this isn't their first time around can chime in on about roughly after being modified how long it took for results, out of curiosity?

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        The timeline has some variables. How many people applied, tested, interviewed, awarding of extra points (military, college, etc) then ranking every one and developing a cut-off.
        With that being said, last go around it took a week after my cornerstone being updated to getting my email.
        In past forums and from other people I know that went through the process it can take longer. Just remember this process will test your patience, I'm speculating that the next class probably won't start til September

• Lawlmens
        Lawlmens commented
        Editing a comment
        Makes sense what WheelBoss said. Hopefully on the shorter end of the process lol to hear good or bad.
    • WheelBoss71
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2020

Just out of curiosity, did anyone apply for the Monroe county position?

Comment

• Lawlmens
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2022

Originally posted by WheelBoss71
        Just out of curiosity, did anyone apply for the Monroe county position?
        I didn't even see it at the time honestly or I prob would have just to double down on chances I suppose. Been curious if everyone's applications have been modified yet or if they're still sorting through. Mine was modified 3-22 then again on 3-23. No news is good news I suppose?

Comment

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          I was there Sunday! My name starts with J. Maybe they just haven't gone through p-z.

• Devo9468
          Devo9468 commented
          Editing a comment
          My last name start with a W also and mine has been modified twice. I also received a call from a background investigator.

• Lawlmens
          Lawlmens commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations man! Doesn't look to promising for me then if I haven't received a call yet then unfortunately I guess. I won't lose hope just yet though.. was it a conditional offer I'm guessing?
          Last edited by Lawlmens; 03-27-2022, 10:11 AM.

• Devo9468
          Devo9468 commented
          Editing a comment
          No need to worry yet! She was just asking some questions because apparently there was typo on my stuff somewhere.
      • Lawlmens
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2022

Ah okay. That's a little re assuring lol. Thanks for the update. Hopefully we'll hear back this week.

Comment

• OfcWifey
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2022

Ah.. FlNALLY I can reply. Been lurking for a while and decided to make an account but anyhow.. those that have had their interviews two weeks ago was this for Monroe? Also, I have my app modified since 3/23 & I have had a BI email with some more basic info. Anyone else have this happen? Haven’t heard back since. Wondering how long this will all take. Another couple of months?? Anyone here already certified ?? Interview was 2/19.

Comment

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Must be coming then, Lawlmens! Hang tight. Any insight as to when the academy starts ? Willing to relocate? We’re a bit worried about finances in this current market. I highly doubt we will get where we live, but looking to move farther out of bigger cities.

• Lawlmens
            Lawlmens commented
            Editing a comment
            Sure hoping for good news, but no news is good news for now at least. I'm willing to relocate. Id prefer it actually. Luckily I have pretty good equity in my house so im not too worried about the finances as of right now. But depending on area relocating to ( if all goes well ) then I'd probably worry if it's a higher income area lol.

• Baileyan
            Baileyan commented
            Editing a comment
            OfcWifey they’re aiming for the next academy start in June

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Baileyan: thanks for the info! Good to know.
        • Lawlmens
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2022

For what it's worth mine went modified again today, not entirely sure if that's good or bad.

Comment

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here. Just checked. Waiting. All I could see if the loading bar in my mind as we wait. Haha !
        • Baileyan
          Forum Member
          • Jan 2021

Just received an email from my background investigator about an hour ago requesting new information. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

• Dean13
            Dean13 commented
            Editing a comment
            No contact from BI yet, but my account was also modified yesterday.

• Lawlmens
            Lawlmens commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems as if we're in the same boat dean, guess we'll see if it's good or bad sooner or later.

• WheelBoss71
            WheelBoss71 commented
            Editing a comment
            @ Baileyan.... Did you have Monroe County as one of your picks or apply in the Monroe County Only process?

• Baileyan
            Baileyan commented
            Editing a comment
            WheelBoss71 Nope I have Broward, Osceola, and Lee as my top 3. Looks like they’re having a June/July academy but putting us in the one after
        • Lawlmens
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2022

Out of curiosity, what counties did y'all put in for when they asked for top 3?

Comment

• Dwlow
            Dwlow commented
            Editing a comment
            Clay, Alachua, or Putnam.

• Dean13
            Dean13 commented
            Editing a comment
            Suwannee, Gilchrist, Lafayette. How about you?

• Lawlmens
            Lawlmens commented
            Editing a comment
            I put in for Charlotte, Lee, Collier when they asked at end of interview.

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            I had Broward, Orange, Pinellas. But during the interview was told there were others that were in dire need and let them know I would go wherever needed.
        • Dwlow
          Forum Member
          • Dec 2021

Still sitting on modified with no word from a background investigator.

Comment

• Lawlmens
            Lawlmens commented
            Editing a comment
            Same here.
        • WheelBoss71
          Forum Member
          • Jun 2020

So I copy and pasted this. I originally put it on the wrong part of the thread. I'm on my phone, sorry.
          So, the candidates that are going to Monroe County will be going to class in the Keys. This coincides with the Monroe County position that recently closed. However, that academy starts in June.
          I think they are rushing those folks through so they can start. I think the rest of us are in a holding pattern until they figure out who is capable of living in Monroe.

Comment

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the clarification! Give me all the woods! I didn’t apply to Monroe, never saw the application anyway.

• WheelBoss71
            WheelBoss71 commented
            Editing a comment
            OfcWifey, what did the Investigator ask you? Have you started your background or were they just asking about some stuff?
        • OfcWifey
          Forum Member
          • Mar 2022

WheelBoss71 Was a few of us on the email, just some basic info from 18yrs + employment, lived in addresses, family members. Most of it was submitted, I think the app had required 10yrs worth of addresses and employment?? Not sure. I don’t have much anyway. Probably flagged them like not much Info from me.. just a simple person haha

Comment

• Dwlow
            Forum Member
            • Dec 2021

Is anyone else applying anywhere else? I laugh when they warn me of their “lengthy 6-8 week hiring process”.

Comment

• Dean13
              Dean13 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nope, FWC or bust! Lol

• WheelBoss71
              WheelBoss71 commented
              Editing a comment
              I applied for the Monroe County position, but there were one too many variables at play. I didn't want to rush to move to the Keys by June. I have applied again for the process that closes in September, that academy would be late spring of next year. I have a couple of applications at some other agencies too.
              Keep your chins up, until we get a "Thanks, but no thanks." letter, we are still in it. A lot can happen until the start of the next academy.
              Last edited by WheelBoss71; 03-30-2022, 02:45 PM. Reason: spelling and grammar.

• Lawlmens
              Lawlmens commented
              Editing a comment
              If I would have seen the monroe I would have applied and figured it out from there to increase my chances. Luckily I have some good equity in my house to help me scrape by in the crazy market down there, but I'd probably still be living under a palm tree in a used Amazon box with a mortgage still lol. But if that's what it took temporarily, so be it. I also applied for the Sept closing position as well Incase I get a thanks but no thanks letter.

• Dwlow
              Dwlow commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven’t applied at any other agencies. I am applying for the academy starting this summer locally. So next time around I’ll be a sworn or soon to be sworn applicant.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 18307 users online. 37 members and 18270 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...