Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where does every one stand now or who still is waiting to do what?
    My medical packet was submitted before the 12th and I've been waiting to do my psych( scheduled in July for the 24th)
    Only a few more weeks left and then hopefully good news for everyone!

Comment

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in the same boat as dean

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Also waiting to hear back. Everything has been submitted.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck today, Wheel!

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks OfcWifey!

So it looks like just Colton and I are holding everyone else up lol!

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeahhh, ya'll need to get it together! Lol

Received my medical 8/19. Needs to be sent in by 9/6.

Comment

• AndrewA04
      AndrewA04 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I’m hoping this time is the charm

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      I don't think they will hire anyone that hasn't applied multiple times lol! This is my second time going through the process.
      Is this anyone's first time with FWC?

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      First time here, Wheel. Hope that’s not the case.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      My first time here as well.

Looks like Cornerstone was modified on 8/19, are we.. maybe.. closer to a decision yet?

Comment

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      I think we are definitely closer to a decision. But if we are assuming I am the last to do the psych, we still have to wait on a few more to get there medical paperwork in by the 6th.

Hopefully we will get our offers before October!
      Last edited by WheelBoss71; 08-24-2022, 04:51 PM.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      Curious if they're still shooting for an Oct academy. If possible obviously I'd like to give my current job two weeks notice and have some time to sell my house. But that gap is closing quick assuming still on track for an Oct start.

I think they still are on track for an October Academy. The second batch of physicals are due on the 6th. That still gives them a few weeks to sort through and get offers offers out, just depends on whether or not it's early October or later.

​​​​​

As for two weeks notice..... I don't know. Ive read a few threads from past classes where they did not get it.

​​​

Comment

Hey everyone,

If you have til the 6th to turn in your medical packet, remember that the 5th is Labor Day. Since this is a holiday weekend, it may effect your shipping/mailing timeline. I wouldn't wait to the last minute to turn your packet in.

I know the majority of us are in a waiting pattern. But, there may be some lurkers out there who may still need to get things done. I don't want anyone who has made it this far to not get in because of a technicality.

Comment

Got my medical mailed in. Fingerprints and drug test done. Anyone else with the 9/6 due date get their stuff done as well?

Comment

• Lawlmens
          Lawlmens commented
          Editing a comment
          Good possibly, I figured it was a generic email since it wasn't addressed to me individually l guess I was wrong though.

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          It was probably addressed to yourself and anyone else that had messed up paper work.
          Were you able to get the eye exam figured out? We cant afford to lose anyone else in this forum!

• Lawlmens
          Lawlmens commented
          Editing a comment
          I was able to get it figured out thankfully. Covid has been kicking my *** this past week, luckily I'd rather have it now than later but this should be interesting being the academy is gonna be first week of oct how my lungs are going to be.

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lawlmens, that sucks! at least you have a couple of weeks to rest up and get your stamina back, even if it's only a little.

Hi everyone, I’ve been watching this thread for a while now just reading but decided to write my first post today. I turned all my forms on and finished my psych so similar to you all I am just waiting to hear back. I was one of the last applicants, but my due date for everything was the 6th. Hopefully we all hear about a final offer soon and we get a start date for the academy soon. Good luck everyone I hope we can meet each other in the academy!

Comment

• Coltoncolton2
          Coltoncolton2 commented
          Editing a comment
          agoravec is this your first time applying to FWC?

• agoravec
          agoravec commented
          Editing a comment
          Coltoncolton2 yes it is how about yourself

• Coltoncolton2
          Coltoncolton2 commented
          Editing a comment
          2nd time around for me. Made it to the end last cycle, passed everything but wasn’t selected for the academy. Hoping I get it this time!

• agoravec
          agoravec commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m rooting for you and for all of us Coltoncolton2 did they ever say why you weren’t selected even though you passed everything , that seems very bizarre, you are clearly qualified if you passed everything . Makes me nervous just talking about it lol!

No worries... The important thing is you got picked to move along. When did you get the call to start your background?

Comment

• agoravec
          agoravec commented
          Editing a comment
          My background started at the same time as everyone else around may, in the middle of my background investigation my background investigator was sadly killed in a head on collision. So for obvious reasons things had to be put on hold. However they ended up resuming the background investigation late July and finished like august 19th and then I got my conditional on the 26th. So I’m now officially done with everything, I have completed my psych eval and my papers have been mailed and received by Tallahassee.

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          Kyle was my investigator too. I'm glad I got to meet him before he passed. When we did my exit interview we sat and talked for about 2 hours about working for FWC and some of the cases that he had worked.

• agoravec
          agoravec commented
          Editing a comment
          WheelBoss71 No kidding, he was an outstanding officer and just an incredible human being, he did so much for the community. His service was inspiring and it really gave me perspective on what it means to serve your community and leave an impact.

• Well folks, good news. Final offers are in the works.
        I just received a call from the LT with an offer. Good luck to all of you and hope to see you in the academy in a few weeks.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!!!! Where are you headed?

• Swamp-tech
          Swamp-tech commented
          Editing a comment
          Polk county

• agoravec
          agoravec commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!

• Lawlmens
          Lawlmens commented
          Editing a comment
          I currently live in Polk.

• Finally got a call with final offer and county today! Exciting to finally hear some news.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congratulations!!! Where did you get?

• agoravec
          agoravec commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats!

• Devo9468
          Devo9468 commented
          Editing a comment
          I got Escambia county!

• Got my offer today as well. Levy county for me!

Comment

• I got my final offer as well today! Charlotte county for me.

Comment

• Final offer! Highlands county!

Comment

• Broward here!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3419 users online. 231 members and 3188 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X