Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, it's Friday. Anyone else hear anything?

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing here. Planning on calling my recruiter today to see if he knows anything.

• Deerdetective22
      Deerdetective22 commented
      Editing a comment
      I got called and received the email today. Sounded like Gabby is out of the office so I imagine it is taking a little bit extra time to get to everyone. Letter was dated Tuesday so they may have been contacting everyone slowly since.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      I wonder if they'll call on the weekends since PAT was scheduled for a weekend. Asking for a friend lol. I'm just telling myself hopefully next week.

Nothing here as of yet either.

Comment

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Cornerstone was updated for me on 7/5, check yours out? Hoping to hear something this week!

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      Yep my cornerstone was modified then too. I'm not sworn from your post right below this one.

Anyone currently a LEO and have heard of any updates? Thinking since most will be starting in Oct, they're pushing psych & med evals sooner than those already sworn.

Comment

• Deerdetective22
      Editing a comment
      I think that is the case. I know in the past they joined in when the full class completed exams so 5 months extra time but i believe they run a separate class now when the timing works out with fhp and pat thomas classes to have enough space for everyone. Heard from someone which who knows the validity but sworn classes might start December..? Only other thing that would make sense is the current class/staff had sick leave for the past 2 weeks so they might just be delayed in notifying due to being short staffed for quarantine reasons.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah there is much hearsay but not much from the recruiters. Recruiter mentioned Jan start time for sworn but that was in May, its a fluid process with many changes, but who knows. So we wait..

Does anyone know for sure whether recruits get paid during the academy? And if so how much? I remember hearing years ago that you get paid the same as officers starting wage while at the academy, but I can't find it anywhere now.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's where I was looking. I may have looked over it though.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      https://myfwc.com/get-involved/emplo...cement/salary/

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet, thank you! I wonder how much it will go up now that starting salary is $50,000. 50k and then +5% after graduation? Or if they will leave it at 36 and then bump you to 50 after the academy?

• Deerdetective22
      Editing a comment
      50k will be after graduation based on how it was told to me by a friend and i think bi-weekly with the rest of employees is the standard. I also think a bill was signed for a sign on bonus from the state after maybe 2 years of like 5k? Not sure though been a few months since i saw that and dont know if it would apply to us or even passed fully.

Any of you guys heard anything? Got my conditional offer today and my psych evaluation is tomorrow.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Nothing here yet.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      Nothing here either.

• Eddyp0311
      Eddyp0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      How did they get in touch with you

• Deerdetective22
      Editing a comment
      Wish mine was tomorrow just to get it over with they scheduled me for Monday.
      Eddyp0311 they call initially pops up as TCCALERT and will send an email out with the letter after talking to yoy.

Congratulations!! I'm still waiting also.

Comment

From what I understood they were super busy trying to get in touch with people and get all their ducks in a row so I’m sure good news is coming.

Comment

Got my conditional this morning via a phone call.

Comment

• Dean13
          Dean13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! I've checked my email about 10 times in the last 5 minutes!

• Deerdetective22
          Editing a comment
          Congrats to both!

• Lawlmens
          Lawlmens commented
          Editing a comment
          Same to you all. How was the zoom meeting psych?

• Jpkauf03
          Jpkauf03 commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats! The zoom call isn't bad they just go over the PHQ you fill out before. I think it went well but I thought that last time so who knows haha

Ugh missed the phone call and the number they left in voicemail goes to a fax! What the heck. And when I call back from the number they call it goes to TCC and can’t get a hold of anyone. darn.

Comment

• Deerdetective22
          Editing a comment
          I sent you a message with the number i think office hours are 8-5 maybe 9-5?

• OfcWifey
          OfcWifey commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks y’all for your help. Will try again tomorrow.

• Dean13
          Dean13 commented
          Editing a comment
          Did you ever get ahold of gabby?

• OfcWifey
          OfcWifey commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, thank yall for your input on the phone number! Just received the email today, awaiting medical forms now.

Out of curiosity, I don't remember if I asked previously for the ones who have heard or know of what all does the medical screen consist of? Asking because there's a physical and a medical portion the Dr has to sign off on? Is it very extensive or pretty basic like our form for the PAT test?
        Last edited by Lawlmens; 07-15-2022, 03:57 PM.

Comment

• Lawlmens
          Lawlmens commented
          Editing a comment
          I was curious since I'm not sure when Gabby plans on emailing the rest of the forms, my psych is the 27th, the email said everything was due Aug 1 so that leaves very little tike depends on when she sends them to be mailed out.

• Deerdetective22
          Editing a comment
          Yeah i get it if you can squeeze it into your regular doctor its way easier for them to just fill it out but any doctor can do it. Im worried about the timing too because it wasnt fun rushing. Although with how they are scrambling to call everyone i wouldnt be surprised if they extended the timeline.

• WheelBoss71
          WheelBoss71 commented
          Editing a comment
          I hope they keep making phone calls. I'm still waiting on my mine

• OverFWC
          OverFWC commented
          Editing a comment
          The eye exam is more thorough than the medical…meaning my eye doctor got her book out to do a couple of the exams to make sure she had the right things.

Just curious if anyone who has already taken the psych heard back yet or will we all be in a holding pattern until everyone is done?

Comment

Anyone actually get their medical forms in yet? Just received email today for the conditional as well as the psych. Shocked about the timeline.

Comment

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            No way they’re waiting for psych! Mine is on the 2nd. Not sure what’s going on..

• Deerdetective22
            Editing a comment
            They must have had the letters prewritten months ago and changed it up. As long as we have at least 2 weeks for the medical stuff we should be solid.

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            If you think about it we don’t have two weeks for medical when they want everything turned in by the 1st. Shocked when I saw that date. Will wait a couple more days before calling to see if I can get a hold of medical papers, considering today was the first day they emailed the conditional & psych scheduled for the 2nd. Still. Not many days left to do these things. Wonder what kind of blood work they want? I’m certain they’ll have to get results later.

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Repeated comment above.
            Last edited by OfcWifey; 07-21-2022, 06:13 PM.

First post on this thread. I was an applicant in the last cycle, made it all the way to the end (passed interviews, psych, BI and medical), but was not chosen for that academy. I'm assuming I just barely did not make the cut. But I also know there were A LOT of applicants for that class, given it being the first application after COVID. Anyways, last cycle, we all had 2-3 weeks from what I can recall to get medical done. Definitely get it done ASAP from when they get you the paperwork, in case DR's offices are backed up and don't have immediate availability. Plus as someone already mentioned, you have to go back for the TB test, and the eye exam is pretty in depth. I went to a Target Optical to get my eye exam done. I believe every cycle is different in the way they do various steps of the process, but I received medical paperwork shortly after the Psych from what I remember.

I am also in the waiting game currently for this cycle, and very excited to see what happens this time around. I'm hoping I get that final offer!

Since I went all the way through the process last time, if anyone has questions, feel free to shoot me a message. Good luck to everyone still in it and hopefully we all meet at the academy in October!

Comment

• Lawlmens
            Lawlmens commented
            Editing a comment
            That's crazy they had you do all that stuff just to say thanks but no thanks basically. Figured they would know they have x amount of slots allotted if they had you go through the entire process.

• Deerdetective22
            Editing a comment
            That makes some sense though when i went all the way through a few times ago it was similar but I was in what they considered a backfill group in case people failed out medically or with the psych (back then it was all done at the same time)…. I had failed out with the psych though. Hopeful this new format brings better results. Although the DR’s both times (same place) seemed super judgmental lol

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Wishing you a spot this time around! Hope to see you around.

• Dean13
            Dean13 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's crazy, you are the third person I have heard about that happening to last cycle. Good luck this time around, and thanks for the info!

For anyone who did psych already my cornerstone app just got updated , so I'm guessing some news coming soon

Comment

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Mine was updated as well, but no psych yet.

Anyone actually get their medical forms in yet?

Comment

• Jpkauf03
            Jpkauf03 commented
            Editing a comment
            The email I got with my conditional said those forms won't be emailed until you pass psych

• OfcWifey
            OfcWifey commented
            Editing a comment
            Interesting, mine said "will be mailed at a later time". My psych is past the time they want all the medical turned in.

• Jpkauf03
            Jpkauf03 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's actually what mine said too , I just figured it meant until psych results came back . So no one wasted time and money on doctor exams and stuff. That's how it went last cycle , the only ones who got the medical packet for the thumbs up from the psych. This whole process is nerve wracking! Anyways hope the best!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2249 users online. 179 members and 2070 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X