Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like references are being contacted!

Comment

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      I honestly don't remember which ones I used for references lol.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Haha they may contact you to let you know they've been questioned! :P Be on good graces!

Do you guys know perhaps? I swear I remember hearing that for a conditional you may get more than one location to choose from? Or how likely it is for them to give you one pick from your three during the application? I've read so much before I may be getting things jumbled up. If I have some time tonight I may see if I can go back on the bigger threads.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've never heard of or read anyone getting a choice on their conditional. But, I'm just a guy on a forum. I could always be wrong.

How likely is it you get one of your three? From some of the people I've talked to, it's a crapshoot and based off the needs of the agency.
      I know guys that have bought campers so they can live in their duty assignments and drive home on their days off.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      I went back to the previous application forum and some said they received multiple conditionals, which I’m not sure why if they wouldn’t have different counties. But they didn’t specify whether it was a different county or what. It’ll be a huge adjustment to everyone that’s for sure.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      They got multiple conditionals, that didn't contain any assignment. I don't know why they did that.

Last cycle 2 conditional offers were given out. None of them came with a county. The first conditional came after the background, and was conditional on passing the psych eval. The next conditional came after the psych eval and was conditional on medical and fingerprinting. After all of this, if you are picked for the academy they will send a final offer with county and further instructions for the academy.

Comment

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Gotcha, thanks.

Has anyone else heard that their references have been contacted yet? So far, still quiet on my end.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Mine were contacted a couple weeks ago

• Eddyp0311
      Eddyp0311 commented
      Editing a comment
      My neighbors talked to the investigator last week

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      You're not alone.

Apparently, they have till the end of June to finish BI. Man, this stuff takes forever. Looks like Key West is in dire need, if no openings in the three counties of choice more than likely will be sent there.

Comment

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      That's gonna be a tough situation, with the cost of living and inflation right now I can understand why the keys is in dire need of people.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Right.. not so sure we can accept that. We’ll see what happens.

My background is done, met with my investigator over the weekend. Now we wait for psych.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Lawlmens, if you're in, you're in, it doesn't matter what place your in, as long as you pass and move on to the academy. Keep your hopes up!

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Dean13
      Nothing official. When I met with my investigator he said I was good to go, everything was done and getting sent up to Tallahassee. They said I would get an email with further instructions for the next step sometime in the future.
      Last edited by WheelBoss71; 06-03-2022, 09:00 PM.

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Met up with mine the other day, my BI is done too. Just gotta wait to hear from Tallahassee now

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's awesome, good to see they're still making progress.

Hello everyone, been following the FWC posts for a while now , first time posting. I made it all the way to the psych eval last round but didn't pass that. This time passes the interview, and talked to my BI a couple of months ago . Same one as before and already had all my references and reports from last time . So far other than that, nothing else going on. It sure is a waiting game.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, and welcome to the waiting game. How far after backgrounds did you have to wait to do the psych?

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      How was the psych? I've heard it sucks from some people and others say it's not bad. Did they tell you your results at the test? Or did you have to wait like everything else?

Last cycle it was really quick. I actually did the psych 2 weeks after I heard I passed the interview and the background was conducted in that time. The psych eval was done via zoom because of COVID but I think it'll be in person this time. It was a 2000 question plus a PHQ and then about a 30 minute interview with a psych doctor.

Comment

• Jpkauf03
      Jpkauf03 commented
      Editing a comment
      And I didn't hear the pass or fail for about another two weeks. From my own experience and reading through previous posts , it seems every cycle is different. The only thing that seems to be the same is nothing is the same and waiting is the game. Hope everyone here makes it and be patient. No news is good news

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sweet! Sounds terrible lol. Thanks for the info

Met with my BI today, he called my references two days ago and we met up today. He told me he doesn't see a reason I wouldn't pass the background. although I had one discrepancy that was my mistake on timing. He said it will probably be another wait for month or so because backgrounds are still getting wrapped up.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, they have to keep the suspense going considering the academy isn't til October.

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Awesome! Glad to hear you're moving on!
      Last edited by Dean13; 06-10-2022, 06:20 PM.

Background is complete. My BI said all the investigations will be reviewed by Tallahassee starting the 1st and psych eval scheduling should take place around then.

Comment

Anyone else make it to the Psych eval last cycle ?

Comment

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      I did not, but I have passed a psych for other agencies.

Since we're playing the waiting game again, and all is pretty quiet. Has anyone heard how the first few days or week is? I couldn't find much since they switched from cooper test to more CrossFit stuff. I was kinda curious how that will be like, if it's PT tests, any pass / fail PT tests etc, assuming all goes well from here on out.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Not sure about the first few days. But my recruiter told me we will have PT at 5:30 every day for about an hour, then we have time to shower and get dressed, and breakfast opens at 7. I remember reading a year or two back something about a PAT that is done when you first get there that is more difficult than what we did with the interview. But I'm not sure where I read that from or the validity of it. Something about running a mile and a half, push ups, sit ups, stuff like that.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought that was the old Cooper test and didn't use that anymore, I could be very wrong though.

• Deerdetective22
      Deerdetective22 commented
      Editing a comment
      My understanding from a friend that went through right at the transition period away from the cooper style is that first week we take the PAT again pass fail, fail you are out but they get a baseline to see improvement by graduation. The first week will be getting accustomed to the new life of forced failures and smoke sessions. Introduction to “the hill” acquiring the necessary gear and some learning. Who knows though until we see in person, they make changes with every class.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Deerdetective22 pretty much nailed it according to what I heard. The only thing I would add is doing all the paperwork that comes with a new job.

So it's now July, has anyone not heard back from their BI? Any rumors to share? News? Only 12 more weeks til October, Im thinking things will start picking up soon.

Comment

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      I was wondering too, I'm hoping it will be next week since today was the deadline. Fr what my BI told me, the next person we hear from should be Tallahassee. I'm guessing Gabby.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      And that is why I asked. My Investigator told me packets were due the beginning of June. Yours told you the end of June. Who knows what other people have been told? I just hope a county comes with the conditional whenever we finish the psych.

• Deerdetective22
      Editing a comment
      County should come with the conditional based on how many openings they have but it may come with the final offer. Im guessing they postponed everything until this new fiscal year started yesterday because I was under the impression when I first heard from BI that psych would have been over and done with first part of June since he said his deadline for turning in packets was end of May.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      One thing that I know I forgot about, was that there is supposed to be a Keys Only class starting in June. So who knows if that slowed or why they added time to our background.

Cornerstone just got updated today , so hopefully that means some news coming soon.

Comment

Be on the look out from a call from Tallahassee community college, Gabby just called to extend a conditional out and to be on the look out fot an email to schedule psych evals. Good luck everyone!

Comment

• Deerdetective22
        Editing a comment
        Are the evals online or in person? If in person where?

• Lawlmens
        Lawlmens commented
        Editing a comment
        I had fingers crossed for a call today. Maybe tomorrow if they're already starting evals next week?

• Jpkauf03
        Jpkauf03 commented
        Editing a comment
        They're on the computer via a zoom meeting.

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Glad it's a zoom thing. I know in the past it was a trip to Miami, I'm not that far away. But, no thank you. Still waiting on my call too.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2468 users online. 185 members and 2283 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X