Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just got an email saying I passed the interview portion and that the rest depended on passing the background check.

Comment

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      While I'm still playing the waiting game, did y'all get an email from Gabby or a recruiter or your BI?

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      BI called me earlier to go over the application. I got an email later from Gabrielle. Never interacted with her before. If you haven’t received anything, you may be in a different group. Remember they have hundreds of applicants. Looks like academy start is sometime in Oct.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for the clarification on that. Sounds like you all that were contacted by the BI were definitely the first round picks.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Keep the faith, man!

Aaaand I just got my thanks for applying but no thanks letter. Now I’m off to start building a better resume and interview skills for next time.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck on the next go around! You'll get it!

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Good luck to you! As we say in our household: everything happens for a reason. May that be to get your finances in order or what have you. Best wishes.

Originally posted by Dwlow View Post
    Aaaand I just got my thanks for applying but no thanks letter. Now I’m off to start building a better resume and interview skills for next time.
    Oh boy I haven't gotten an email yet. I'm not sure If this is a good thing or bad that everyone but me seems to be getting them right now.

Comment

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      Not to rub salt in the wound, has yours changed from in review to denied or anything? Curious since mine is still In review currently.

• Dwlow
      Dwlow commented
      Editing a comment
      No, nothing changed on my cornerstone.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      I thought I was biting my nails before, I'm REALLY biting them now with anticipation.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      If yours said you passed but unfortunately you weren't picked to move ahead. But we will keep you on file or something to that effect. Your cornerstone will always say in review. My application from July is still "in process"

Since there isn't too many on here, is anyone else still playing the waiting game with me?

Comment

• Swamp-tech
      Swamp-tech commented
      Editing a comment
      I usually just stalk the forum, but figured I should chime in.
      Last cycle I made it through the whole process and the day before the academy started received a no-go email.
      They will sure test youre patience.
      Monday I received an email stating I was moving on to the next phase, but yet to be contacted by the BI.

• Lawlmens
      Lawlmens commented
      Editing a comment
      I will probably go ahead and chaulk this one up as a see the ones who didn't make it again in Sept. Closing one.

Any one not heard from their BI yet?

Comment

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      They said the process takes about two months that we may not hear anything from them as they are trying to wrap up BIs. Will stop by at some point.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, but you have talked to a BI.

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I haven't heard from mine. But I'm 23 and have no background, so I'm not sure if there's a reason for me to.
      Edit: my BI contacted me today.
      Last edited by Dean13; 04-05-2022, 01:05 PM.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Sorry Wheel, early AM with no coffee type of reply! Misunderstood.

Checked my cornerstone. It was updated to "closed" today. Does anyone know if that means I'm out?
    Last edited by Dean13; 04-04-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Never mind, just realized they updated my account from last years attempt and closed it. This years application status is still in review.

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Unless you’ve been contacted with a no-go, keep the faith!! This process is extremely long and strenuous on the soul. In the meantime, work on building up your resume, exercising, building up a cash flow for potential medical out of pocket expenses, moving etc.

Anyone have any updates? Quiet over here.

Comment

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still nice and quiet over here as well

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Still haven't been contacted by a BI. All is quiet.

Out of curiosity and to help to get to know each other, any one feel like sharing the area or county they live in currently?

Comment

• Swamp-tech
      Swamp-tech commented
      Editing a comment
      I am in north Polk county

• OfcWifey
      OfcWifey commented
      Editing a comment
      Pinellas here. What about you Dean?

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Martin

• Dean13
      Dean13 commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm in Suwannee County

Delete delete delete
    Last edited by WheelBoss71; 04-07-2022, 07:45 PM. Reason: Still haven't mastered the forum on a cell

Comment

Just a little update for ones who haven't received an email. I called Gabby and asked if she had info on it since it's been 8-9 weeks that I understand she can only tell me so much. My email apparently never came through on 3/30. So she forwarded me the email again today, and to my surprise it was a congrats you passed the interview your info is being sent to a background investigator now. ( I'm guessing the same email everyone else who passed received in a pdf )

Comment

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I would let Gabby know so they can double check you are on the email list and your email address is correct. You might be missing emails from your BI too. I'd probably get in touch with your BI if you can (maybe go through your recruiter if you have to). to make sure they don't need any info from you. Mine asked me for some info a week or so ago and asked me to get it back to him ASAP.

• Lawlmens
        Lawlmens commented
        Editing a comment
        I actually tried to get ahold of her today for that reason but she was out of the office so I left her an email hopefully she'll check on Monday. I wasn't sure how BI communicated if it was through email or call.

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        It depends on the investigator from what I've heard. Mine contacted me through email, but a few last year said they got phone calls. But the info I was asked to provide makes more sense in an email. (Tax documents, prior addresses, etc.)

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        I still haven't been contacted by an investigator.

While all is quiet and everyone is waiting on background investigators for the next step, have y'all started training any for the academy, or anything different in your routines? Obviously we all passed the pat to get to this point, but I'm sure it's much more strenuous than the pat, at the academy.

I saw somewhere a few years ago someone was posting some CrossFit workouts they did throughout the day at the academy, I'm assuming that's still in the curriculum of conditioning, versus the cooper from my understanding has been phased out?

I'll be honest, I haven't really started an intense training curriculum for myself because I'm still in the surreal stage of being told I passed the interview to move to the next step. So reality hasn't hit me yet, lol.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know one of the class motivations is running the "hill". If you can find a piece of road with an incline, it could help later.

• Lawlmens
        Lawlmens commented
        Editing a comment
        For me personally, running has never been my forte, but I know I'll have to definitely step it up. Id much rather swim than run any day. But If I had to guess I'm sure our feet will be getting some miles logged on them assuming all goes well throughout the rest of the processs so I may as well try and get use to it more than lol.

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Im an older guy I don't mind running, but I am not fast and never have been. I know that some of the running especially during the first couple of weeks wont be just for PT. I ran 2 miles today for fun and felt pretty good. I'd like to be able to get that up to 4 or 5 but we will see.
        If I'm still in this process by the end of the summer, I may buy a pair of Danner's to break in I always liked their boots. I'm sure some of that running wont all be in shoes.

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Oh boy, "the hill" sounds like fun! Haha, I guess I'll start running sooner than later.

So where is everyone at in the process? Has anyone done a psych exam yet?

Comment

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm still waiting to hear back from the BI after giving him some info on the 5th.

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        I finally heard from a BI. I was curious if the people who heard earlier on from their BI had moved on to the next step. Or if they are working through all of us at once, and then we will all move to the psych together.

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Gotcha, yeah, it seems like the latter. But I'll post on here as soon as I hear something.

• OfcWifey
        OfcWifey commented
        Editing a comment
        Sorry been busy with work && other matters lately! Haven’t heard back from BI since the first contact, they did say it takes a couple of months to hear back, we should hear something hopefully within the next couple of weeks since it is May! Other than that, it’s been quiet here.

Been following along. Great information, thanks to all who have contributed.I applied for the Monroe county position and they have been moving very rapidly since the academy in Key West is to start mid June. So I guess that may be the reason others have not heard back. Just my thoughts.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, I was thinking so too. But, you don't know unless you ask around. That's what makes this forum great. Your never totally in the dark, just in the dark with everyone else!
        I was in the process for Monroe, but moving to Key West on that short of a time frame, just didn't work for me. Good Luck!

• OfcWifey
        OfcWifey commented
        Editing a comment
        Any idea the living bounds for Monroe considering its such an expensive county to live in? Wondering if you can come from the south end of Miami-Dade or strictly live in Monroe?

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        From the PeopleFirst website from the announcement for the class starting in June at Keys College

Residency Requirement:
        Anywhere in Monroe County or anywhere South of SW 88 Street (Kendall Drive) in Dade County.

Background investigator touched base with me this morning.

Comment

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Did they just ask you some questions? Or did they have any info?

• Lawlmens
        Lawlmens commented
        Editing a comment
        Mainly just some what seemed like redundant questions. I did ask how long roughly if he had an idea to complete it, he said no. BUT he did tell me that all the BI's are due by middle of June I believe it was. So probably another good waiting game coming.

• Dean13
        Dean13 commented
        Editing a comment
        Dang that seems like forever for background checks! That's the info we've all been wanting to hear lol. At least we have a little bit more to add to the timeline now.

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah, it seems like a long time. But, there is a Monroe Class starting soon and I heard they are putting together a sworn class soon as well. Since we are still at least 5 months from our academy, I guess it's easier to bump us back a little.

Does anyone know how extensive the medical is? Like If it's just a physical you can go to a walk in doctor for, or if you need a primary Dr due to extensiveness of it? I have not heard back from BI yet, just late night browsing seems like others were on a strict time crunch for when they received medical packets to turn them in had me wondering.
      Last edited by Lawlmens; 04-30-2022, 03:49 AM.

Comment

• Swamp-tech
        Swamp-tech commented
        Editing a comment
        The medical isn't to extensive. Last cycle I just went to a walk in. But be aware that for the TB skin test it's going to be 2 trips. They inject a fluid under you're skin and wait 48-72 hours before they can check it.

Basically if the doctor can do the TB test, ekg tests, take some blood,hearing test and ask about previous injuries/how you feel. Also an eye exam. For the eye exam I had to go to lenscrafters because that was a bit more extensive than just reading the plaque.
        If you can get the medical done as soon as you get the go ahead, do it. Don't wait, because if something isn't done correctly or if there is a mistake on the paperwork, you will be scrambling.

• Lawlmens
        Lawlmens commented
        Editing a comment
        That's good to hear, I know my primary is usually booked out for 1+ weeks typically by the time I have a day off to schedule something. So knowing I can go to a walk in is a little relief assuming all goes well with background.

• OfcWifey
        OfcWifey commented
        Editing a comment
        Woah that’s very extensive. My primary books out like a couple of months in advance! Wish we had a timeline I’d be able to make some appointments. It is what it is I guess!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2679 users online. 200 members and 2479 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X