300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voluntary Separation from DOC, want to return less than 4 years

I was a certified correctional probation officer and worked for the department of corrections for 1.8 years. I left to pursue a job overseas under a three year contract. My work contract is up in March 2022, so I'm looking to return to the States and rejoin the department and complete a relevant EOT. But I'm afraid they might have revoked my certification because I left voluntarily before the two years requirement. Florida Statute states you can complete a EOT and rejoin if FDLE approves after four years away from the department. But there's no mention of reemployment before the four years. July 2022 would be exactly three years of separation from the department for me. Anyone have any experience or insight to this?

What does the agency say? They have to hire you.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post
      What does the agency say? They have to hire you.
      I just applied this month and hoped for the best. I'm trying to figure if I'll owe money for the academy or something before they hire me so I can start to prepare.

Comment

So they trained and hired you on a two year contract / agreement, which you broke, and you're hoping they'll take you back?

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
          So they trained and hired you on a two year contract / agreement, which you broke, and you're hoping they'll take you back?
          Classic. Then he’ll get mad when they tell him to pound sand.

Comment

They are short handed and need CO's

They will probably re-hire you & make you go back through certification

My new word for the day is FOCUS, when someone irritates you tell them to FOCUS

Comment

Originally posted by NolaT View Post
              Yes, that is what I stated in the OP. I wasn't turning down the opportunity. It was once in a lifetime. I'm just looking to come back. It's not life or death. I'm just looking for answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Iowa #1603 View Post
                They are short handed and need CO's

They will probably re-hire you & make you go back through certification
                That's what I'm thinking. I'll reach out to some old management and see if I can get an answer. But I agree that the department is severely understaffed.

Comment

Originally posted by CCCSD View Post

Classic. Then he’ll get mad when they tell him to pound sand.
                  I think the odds are in my favor lmfao, but thanks!

Comment

Fortunately the odds are very much in your favor, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by skyloesco View Post

I think the odds are in my favor lmfao, but thanks!
                      I’m not supporting you. You failed the agency and ripped off the taxpayers. You are a poor candidate.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3876 users online. 199 members and 3677 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X