300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FLPD vest on outside?

Hey all, I was reading about the BSO deputy involved shooting in Ft. Lauderdale and saw some FLPD officers with external tac carriers for their vests? Is this because they don't normally where a vest and put this on going to a hot situation or is it now allowed to wear an external carrier?

A lot of times deputies (or officers) in certain positions carry an external vest with them because all of their work is done out of uniform (detectives, narcotics, this that and the other). There are also some deputies (or officers) that always wear an external vest. As for me, I prefer wearing mine under the uniform... makes my head a lot less of an obvious target.

Of course with all that said, I'm absolutely no help because I'm nowhere near Ft. Lauderdale, so couldn't tell you why they were wearing them.

Comment

Originally posted by StudChris View Post
      A lot of times deputies (or officers) in certain positions carry an external vest with them because all of their work is done out of uniform (detectives, narcotics, this that and the other). There are also some deputies (or officers) that always wear an external vest. As for me, I prefer wearing mine under the uniform... makes my head a lot less of an obvious target.

Of course with all that said, I'm absolutely no help because I'm nowhere near Ft. Lauderdale, so couldn't tell you why they were wearing them.
      Yeah I have one for when I dress in plain clothes, but these were road guys in class A's. Just different. Looked like Chicago PD.

Comment

Because NEW FLPD policy allows ALL officers to wear Tactical vests while in uniform. It was b.c a lot of guys weren't wearing their Kevlar, so they started allowing the tact vests

Comment

I hate 'em outside the uniforms, personally. I've tried it, just don't like it. Feels like it gives the bad guy a heck of a good grip point should he decide to go hands-on. Just my .02. I will say, however, that this one looks SO MUCH better then what Chicago PD wears. My God, those guys look awful in uniform.
          Why are there so many babies on O.com? Creole, you and your buddy JPSO Recruit help me out on this one....

* "Preach always, if necessary, use words!" St Francis of Assisi

* Luke Chapter 6, Verses 27-36

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4204 users online. 260 members and 3944 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X