X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • var667
    Forum Member
    • May 2007

Fhp Recruiting Process

Im currently in the process of applying to the FHP. I submitted my initial application and got the standard letter saying I meet min req's and will recieve furthur info soon for test dates. What can I expect to happen next? Any recent applicants maybe give some insight and advice for the hiring process? and How long can I expect to wait till the process is over and I either make it or not?

Thanks in Advance

Var667
  • LEO_Phenom
    Forum Member
    • May 2007

When I applied they gave me a few weeks notice before the Written/Physical (which are taken the same day). If you pass those, you're asked to come back for a polygraph (a few weeks to 2 months later). If you pass the polygraph, you're asked back for a psychological/interview/medical. Then you'll be subject to a background investigation which can take anywhere from 2-6 months depending on how extensive your background is.

If you have a clean background and a good head on your shoulders, you should be fine. Congratulations on making the decision to apply to FHP. You'll hear plenty of negative information about FHP--but don't let that stop you from continuing the process. A career with the Patrol can be very rewarding.

Good luck!

Comment

• danperez
      Forum Member
      • Nov 2006

Does FHP compensate differently for night shift? How is court time compensated? Is it generally 1 1/2 rate?
      United States Border Patrol
      Test:2/13/09
      Tentative Offer:3/6/2009
      Pre-Employment:3/21/2009
      Oral Board:3/25/2009
      Medical:4/07/2009
      Fitness Test:4/07/2009
      Drug Screening:4/16/2009
      Qualifications:4/21/2009
      Background:Security Office

Comment

• FullGrownBear
        Forum Member
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by danperez
        Does FHP compensate differently for night shift? How is court time compensated? Is it generally 1 1/2 rate?
        You'll get 2 1/2 hrs minimum. So from the time you left your house to the time you got back, only took an hour, you'll recieve 2 1/2 hrs. If it took you 4hrs from the time you left your house to the time you got back, it will be actual time worked. And no, you don't get shift differential. Everyone rotates their shift every 28 days as well as different days off.

7A-3P you will have Sat & Sun off. 3P-11P you will have Wed & Thur off. Relief shift can be 3P-11P on Wed & Thur., with Friday 11A-7P and Sat & Sun 7A-3P, Mon & Tues off. Or you'll work midnight shift with the same days off your squad has on that shift. But schedules may vary depending on what Troop you are assigned to.

The only Troop that has permanent shifts is Troop E-Miami that I know of.
        And yes you get compensated at 1 1/2 rate if your court was over your 40 hrs work week!
        Last edited by FullGrownBear; 06-19-2007, 12:01 PM. Reason: addendum

Comment

• alpha1906
          Forum Member
          • Feb 2006

Why do so many new recruits get assigned to Miami? What is it about Miami?

Comment

• FullGrownBear
            Forum Member
            • Aug 2006

Originally posted by alpha1906
            Why do so many new recruits get assigned to Miami? What is it about Miami?
            High demand, transfers and turnover rate. Orlando and Miami are usually the top two areas that suffer retention. Troopers will transfer back to slower pace areas.

If they hired people that are from those areas and kept them home, FHP would not have that problem.

Comment

• cnfowler
              Forum Member
              • Feb 2007

var667, not everyone has rotating shifts. Troop L has permanent shifts. Only days off rotate every 28 days. Time of work can also be different depending on what troop you are in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 20826 users online. 61 members and 20765 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...