Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gainesville PD

Looking for officers of- or people who have just applied to

just to talk to- see if anyone else on here will be attending the upcomming july testing dates- or if anyone out there works with them.
    Updated on: 12/28/09

I dont work at GPD, but I work at a PD just a few miles north of there. Lots of friends and academy members work for them now. Any questions about GPD or alachua county agencies, just ask.
    press hard-5 copies

Comment

I live in Gainesville and went to the June testing for the academy not for GPD, but I will tell you that GPD had almost 50 applicants testing for the August academy. Ive been accepted for the academy after talking to the lady in recruiting see told me they were only going to sponsor 2 or 3 positions.

Comment

Been working with GPD for about 3 years - good department, political of course, but good on the whole.

And, don't listed to dave - he knows nothing!!

Comment

thanx aa- .. donno whats wrong with dave, but... ... its a mute point, i figured they had lots of applicants, when I was there in July, the # of applicants was far less then what I expected, and every step of the process was less and less. I think about 20 of us took the written tests, 17 showed up for the pat, and 10 of us got to the interview. - I was asked to get in a little better shape and try again in September, though I did pass every part of the process- so I felt pleased anyhow, I knew it would be competitive- if I could shave some time off of the pat, and do a bit better in the interview, who knows.

Comment

well good luck in the future - it is a good department to work with.

As for Dave, I'm one of the academy folk he mentioned earlier Don't let him try to recruit you to his department!

Comment

as is- Ill go to whoever is willing ot hire me, and give me a paycheck! .. -right now Id even go w/o the paycheck for reserves

Comment

Just trying to open this thread back up (instead of making a new one) and get to find some people now in the hiring process for Gainesville PD and maybe some answers from Officers that are already with the GPD.
                "Don't pray for an easier life, pray for more strength."

"I don't send rats into snake holes, I send in my own snakes!!"

Comment

i just got a letter in the mail yesterday telling me that i had met the minimum qualifications..letter went on to say that i was to be in gville on the 2,3, and 4th of june for testing and hiring process or what not(that is the hiring process i presume, right?)...anyone have any info on what it is that happens during these days? any info would be appeciated. thank you.

SIDE NOT: still havent received my results from my cjbat that i took with MDPD...is that a good thing?

Comment

Originally posted by frass1772 View Post
                    i just got a letter in the mail yesterday telling me that i had met the minimum qualifications..letter went on to say that i was to be in gville on the 2,3, and 4th of june for testing and hiring process or what not(that is the hiring process i presume, right?)...anyone have any info on what it is that happens during these days? any info would be appeciated. thank you.

SIDE NOT: still havent received my results from my cjbat that i took with MDPD...is that a good thing?
                    The first day is the writing sample, which everyone must do then the FBAT, which you don't have to take if you have already passed it, then you talk to a Background Investigator, who will tell you everything you forgot and/or what else they need. The second day is the obstacle course, then in the afternoon it is your panel interview. A few days after that you will get a call or letter in the mail telling you of your status. If you need anything else hit me with a PM.

Comment

I am in the hiring process for Gainesville PD as of currently. I already had my CJBAT scores, so all I had to do was take the PAT and do my oral board.

For now I am residing in the background phase. I have been since April 10th. Is this a bad sign?

Comment

Originally posted by The SSheriff View Post
                        I am in the hiring process for Gainesville PD as of currently. I already had my CJBAT scores, so all I had to do was take the PAT and do my oral board.

For now I am residing in the background phase. I have been since April 10th. Is this a bad sign?
                        I am in the background phase as well, but only since May 9th. I was told that the next academy they are hiring for is in August. So I would think that you are still okay.

Comment

I currently just relocated from Miami to Gainesville last week. Looking for more information about this department as well. All comments, advice, and tips are appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by Malaru View Post
                            I was asked to get in a little better shape and try again in September, though I did pass every part of the process- so I felt pleased anyhow, I knew it would be competitive- if I could shave some time off of the pat, and do a bit better in the interview, who knows.
                            Isn't the PAT pass or fail? I am by no means in great shape, but I think I could pass the PAT pretty easily. I'm taking it next month with Gainesville.

Comment

the pat they tell is is pass or fail, although later on it will be scasled against the others in the process if need be (as was the case with me)- if you pass the pat (simply compleate it) you will get an interview, if you dont, you wont- but after the interview and the pat, they will size up both together,

hehe, of the pat, it looks easier then it is, Im a heavy set guy, I feared the 6 foot fence- but that was the easy part- the hard part is the da--n sand! OMG it slows you down and eats your butt up, when you do the 150lb sled pull it grates up under the sled and its like pulling 200 pounds. I think the part that wore me out the most was crawling thru that sand, under the crawl spaces it is really loose and its like swimming through liquid cement (at least this was the case on the incredably hot summer day I took it back a year ago)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4665 users online. 259 members and 4406 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X