Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• City of Miami still hiring

They still need like 250 applications.

Anyone going through the process. How fast is their process, how desperate are they?

Any veterans can put any insight on the work environment?

Are they sponsoring?

Comment

yes they are.
      sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

I talked to a recruiter today and he told me they are short about 200 officers.

Comment

Originally posted by damode View Post
          They still need like 250 applications.

Anyone going through the process. How fast is their process, how desperate are they?

Any veterans can put any insight on the work environment?

Well, I am going thru the process right now. I submitted my application in Feb. and took the entrance exam end of March and waiting for the results right now. They already advise me of when the academy will start for the class I am in which is late summer if we pass all the exams. I live in the city and talk to the officers majority every other week and what angela1434 said is correct because a lot of the officers are retiring so it will be more positions available within the next couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by angela1434 View Post
            I talked to a recruiter today and he told me they are short about 200 officers.
            I was told the same. I was also told it will take approx 1 year.

Comment

Originally posted by DefendDade View Post
              I was told the same. I was also told it will take approx 1 year.
              Well from what I was told and some of my friends went thru the previous recruits. It only took them from 4 to 6 months to get in the academy.

Comment

After today will they accept?

The deadline says Friday, June 15th, which is today-will they still accept
                applications past today even if they are 250 short of the 750 applications?
                Or are they just going to go with what they have already and not accept
                any more after today? I couldnt find any recruiter contact info to find this
                out.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerfox View Post
                  out.

What they normally do is if they did not reach the number of applicants they are requesting by the deadline; they would extend the deadline another 2 weeks or so.

Comment

out.
                    They told me they stop taking applications today at 5pm, the recruiter wasn't sure when the cycle will start again, but he speculated in another 2 months or so. He said they normally stop taking applications after the first 500 but since they had so many this time, they changed it to 750.

He also told me that for certified officers, the process should take approx. 4 months granted the applicants background is not full of issues they have to investigate, otherwise it would be about 6 months. It would probably take longer if you have to wait for an academy to start, I am only guessing on that.
                    He also said certified officers dont have to take the civil service written test.

Hope this helps!
                    Last edited by angela1434; 06-15-2007, 03:19 PM. Reason: add info

Comment

I couldnt find any recruiter contact info to find this
                      out.
                      Miami Police Department Recruitment and Selection Unit (305)579 6484

Comment

I was wondering why when I looked at the test scores for the city of Miami they seemed very low. I live near Cincinnati and have taken their test and scored an 89 and was number 65 on the list. Is the test extremely tough or is it just that not many people take the test in Miami.

Comment

Originally posted by flgatorsbcs View Post
                          I was wondering why when I looked at the test scores for the city of Miami they seemed very low. I live near Cincinnati and have taken their test and scored an 89 and was number 65 on the list. Is the test extremely tough or is it just that not many people take the test in Miami.

Well, I took the test and if you do not prepare for it; it's going to be hard. Out of the 500 people that took the test with me before, only about 200 to 250 pass. The passing score is 68% and it seems low but a lot of applicants could not get that score.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4752 users online. 261 members and 4491 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X