Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little insight about Fort Lauderdale?

What’s up everyone. Contemplating the move from NYPD to Fort Lauderdale PD. I was wondering if anyone recently went through the process and would be willing to let me pick their brain. It seems like a pretty easy decision to get out of NY, but already have 10 years invested and am a Sgt. So I just want to make sure I’m making the right choice. If anyone has gone through the process with Lauderdale I’d love to chat and just go over the entire process if that’s alright. Thanks guys. Be safe everyone.

I worked there and left several years ago. The first couple years were great and there was a real brotherhood and great morale. Then the city manager started running the department and brought morale down. The chief resigned and we got guy that was reasonably respected and we had positive expectations. This new chief became extremely arrogant and ran the department into the ground. No one was happy, promotions and laterals were made off of favors and blackmail and there was no more brotherhood. Supervisors were mandated to attend a new "leadership" class and came back with what seemed to be a personality transplant (not exaggerating) for the worst. there is another new chief since I have been gone, but she was one of the least respected officers there. She is extremely vindictive and you better kiss up and bow to her or you will be miserable and go no where in your career. FLPD used to be the better department of the county, but ended up being one of the lower paid places with a high turnover rate. I don't mean to sound so negative, but I would feel guilty not giving this honest opinion since you inquired. There are several better departments and would only consider FLPD out of desperation. Even BSO would be a better place to work. Back when I left (2014) Hollywood PD was one of the better places to work. Davie PD, Sunrise PD and Coral Springs PD would be better in my humble opinion. Sorry for the late response, but I haven't been on here in a long time.
    Work harder! Millions on welfare depend on you...

Comment

Stay away. worked there from 2018-2020. Look into Coral Springs, Palm Beach County Sheriff Office, Davie, if you wish to work in South Florida. My opinion check out the Gulf side, housing is more affordable, nicer schools etc. Any questions feel free to DM me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3646 users online. 219 members and 3427 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X