300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soce

Has anyone taken the SOCE recently? How was it? There are some older posts about, but just wondering if anyone has taken it more recently. Did EoT and/or my Florida police exams adequately prepare you?

How long have you been practicing the art of law enforcement? If you have any kind of experience and half a brain you should be A-okay. That said, your EOT instructor will be well versed on what is on the test and you will be prepared. I went through a 40-hour EOT at Manatee Tech in Sarasota and I did well. Don’t sweat it at all. Just pay attention.

Comment

• pacop1990
      pacop1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      I've been practicing for a little more than four years. I appreciate the insight!

The FL Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission has a quarterly newsletter. Each newsletter has statistics for EOT vs traditional 17 week academy pass rates for the SOCE. Generally for all of the EOT grads, 67% will pass the SOCE. The traditional 17 week academy grads it is in the 70s.

When I took the exam, I studied for a week before and thought it was relatively easy.

Comment

• pacop1990
      pacop1990 commented
      Editing a comment
      That's not a terrible pass rate.

What was your study source? I am using My Florida Police Exams.

Does the state exam have questions pertaining to level of crimes? I.e. 1st, 2nd, 3rd degree, just wondering if I need to spend much time looking over that. If not, what should a person spend time focusing on? I have 7 yrs exp out of state, so if it's more of a procedure and case law test, I'm not as concerned.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4903 users online. 265 members and 4638 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X