Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for advice

Hey all,

I want to move my family out of Illinois and we are looking at Florida. Trying to get away from everything that living in a blue state entails. I was wondering if anyone on here has gone through a similar situation as me and could private message me or respond on the thread here.

A little about me... I have been a police officer for 10 years in the Chicago area. Recently I was promoted to Sergeant and I am making 120k a year. Pension is 50% at 20 years and 75% at 30 years.

If anyone has made a similar move, how has working in Florida been? Would you do it again or would you have stayed at your old PD? After looking at salaries and retirements the financials of the move do worry me a bit. But most important I want to raise my family in a better area.

Thanks for the replies brothers and sisters.

I'm in the Chicago area as well and am looking to leave as some of our lawmakers have completely lost their minds. I'd imagine you follow Illinois Policy and it's quite amazing how our state seemingly tries to compete with California to the race to the bottom. I live in the city and love Chicago but the General Assembly is making this state tough to work in. Check out the NY to FL thread...there's a post that discusses some departments in Florida that you may be interested in. I emailed the Broward County Sheriff's Office after my shift ended at they called, emailed, and even sent me a text while I was sleeping and I hear they are hiring quite a few deputies. I'm not familiar with Florida and could't give you advice on where to live and what department to check out, but I hear Miami has some horrible drivers and the traffic sucks.

Good luck!

Comment

I am from the Chicago area. Law enforcement...looking at making a similar move. My application was just approved for EOT class. I been talking to a few people who made move. PM if you can.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4709 users online. 261 members and 4448 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X