Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FWCWanbe
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2021

"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home..."
    Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-23-2022, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• SaltyDog
      SaltyDog commented
      Editing a comment
      Careful now karmas a bitch. Raul will likely end up being your roommate.

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      At least there won’t be a dull moment.
  • FWCWanbe
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2021

"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight from the darkness of the movie house, I had only two things on my mind: Paul Newman and a ride home..."
    Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-23-2022, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      Go to the myfwc website. The up-to-date general orders are there. They posted a new grooming policy 12-1-21.

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-23-2022, 03:45 PM.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      It's on the table. This is a second career for me, so it's really about what would be fun. If my answer was sarcastic, it wasn't my intention. I just assumed you were reading from the website. No offense intended.

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thumbs up, all’s good.
  • SaltyDog
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2020

Has anyone actually been approved by TCC yet on the forum? Lol great way to cram us with so much **** this close to the start

Comment

• Galvanator
      Galvanator commented
      Editing a comment
      I talked to someone up there yesterday, they said Daisy has been working from home due to Corona. Not sure if she has it or if she was near someone with it but the only way to get ahold of her is via email, but I have sent one each day this week and nothing back. The person also said that what ever is not done before we get there will be taken care of once we are there, so I did everything asked and will see what needs to be done once I get there.

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-23-2022, 03:45 PM.

• Galvanator
      Galvanator commented
      Editing a comment
      Completely Agree. I was talking to the wife and said it was easier to get into major universities than it is here. I have both a B.A. and M.S. so the process should not be this difficult, but as you alluded to it is what it is, and hopefully, next week isn't a huge mess with people running around with their heads cut off.

• SaltyDog
      SaltyDog commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah im not stressing about this anymore I’ve got too much else to worry about. I told gabby that I’ve got my transcripts in hand and I’ve applied. That’s as much as I can physically do. She confirmed thats basically all we need to do. Im not going to track down every Tom, Dick, and harry just to make sure im all good on the TCC end of things. If they confirm my application great, if not oh well.
  • MP-K-9
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2009

Congralations to you all !! Anyone picked up and certified already just have to do the 8 weeks to complete? And hopefully you'll get the 20-25% raise!!
    "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-23-2022, 03:44 PM.

• SluiceGoose
      SluiceGoose commented
      Editing a comment
      I just came home from my duty assignment area looking for someplace to live. I can just tell you that apartment rent prices in Collier county are absurd. 2bed, 1 bath.......3K-5K/month in some areas. Average is 2500 to 3500/month. New construction home prices are REAL bad. We had looked at a couple of developments on line and when we showed up today the prices were almost a 50K more than the websites showed. The demand of everyone fleeing New York, New Jersey, California and a bunch of the "blue" states has made it a sellers market with way to much demand and not near enough supply. We were told that if you dont lock in a price right away and wait a couple weeks you will come back and it could be 20K to 30K more. Bidding wars on places going 100K over asking prices. If you can wait a couple years for your place to be built, you can still get into a decent place, sight unseen, unbuilt, you can get one "reasonably" (depending on what your idea of reasonable is).

Everything I have heard about FWC is that it is the place to be. Im not in it for the money.

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-23-2022, 03:44 PM.

• Setj3860311
      Setj3860311 commented
      Editing a comment
      They are getting a raise??
  • SaltyDog
    Forum Member
    • Jun 2020

I’m kind of curious to know what will happen if one of us tests positive for COVID on the first day.

Comment

• SluiceGoose
      SluiceGoose commented
      Editing a comment
      Probably get quarantined in the barracks. I dont see them dropping anyone over it.

• WheelBoss71
      WheelBoss71 commented
      Editing a comment
      They sent people home in the last class and told them to come back in 10 days.

• Galvanator
      Galvanator commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah I was wondering the same thing. Half my daughters school has covid and with the current spike I am surprised they are not addressing it more.
  • OverFWC
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2021

Congrats to everyone. Best of luck
    Last edited by OverFWC; 02-01-2022, 03:50 PM.

Comment

• Ccrowe
      Ccrowe commented
      Editing a comment
      Confidence is key for sure
      Last edited by Ccrowe; 02-02-2022, 05:16 AM.

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Changed my comment- can they not be deleted?
      Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-14-2022, 06:37 PM.

• OverFWC
      OverFWC commented
      Editing a comment
      Congrats! Everyone!
      Last edited by OverFWC; 02-01-2022, 03:51 PM.

• FWCWanbe
      FWCWanbe commented
      Editing a comment
      Last edited by FWCWanbe; 01-23-2022, 03:43 PM.
  • OverFWC
    Forum Member
    • Jul 2021

I don’t know why this won’t let you delete a comment...
    Last edited by OverFWC; 01-14-2022, 11:12 AM.

Comment

• SaltyDog
      Forum Member
      • Jun 2020

Did it a little bit of research on Conference Center parking lot so I know exactly where to park Wednesday morning. It appears the Conference Center building is the building just NW of the Admin building(interview checkin) Also I found a PowerPoint online labeled “FWC Academy Experience” turns out the beds in the dorms are bunk beds. So that’ll be fun.

Comment

• FWCWanbe
        FWCWanbe commented
        Editing a comment
        So much more room for activities.
        Without a garage, where else would we practice karate?

• SaltyDog
        SaltyDog commented
        Editing a comment
        I like your style

• SluiceGoose
        SluiceGoose commented
        Editing a comment
        Just dont touch my drum set.
    • FNboot0311
      Forum Member
      • Aug 2021

So, the academy got y'all so busy you can't give us some inside info on what it's like? J/k but figured I'd ask

Comment

• OfcWifey
        Forum Member
        • Mar 2022

Wondering if I could get some insight as to those already certified.. how long did BI take?? Also, if y’all are getting ready to test, any clue as to the next class start?? Do they typically start once a year? And lastly.. with the costs of living in FL.. what are y’all doing for living arrangements if relocation had to happen?? TIA. Hope you’re all doing well!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 16455 users online. 41 members and 16414 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...