Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I applied last year with COVID too and I put an app in.

Comment

Longest 4-6 weeks of my life.

Comment

• WheelBoss71
        WheelBoss71 commented
        Editing a comment
        If we're lucky 4-6 weeks!

Just out of curiosity, any other girls on this thread who applied and interviewed last week? Just wondering how many of us made it through to interviews and are awaiting news.

Also, (question for everyone both M and F) what was everyone's PAT times? It would be interesting to know a general range and average. I'm sure if it came down to 2 "equal" candidates other qualification wise they might go with faster time.

Mine was 7:30 exactly. Probably should have been 10 sec or so faster but totally forgot at end that we were running around last cone and back to weapon fire. Lol, I ran straight through and they were all yelling at me to run back and sit down.

Comment

• SaltyDog
        SaltyDog commented
        Editing a comment
        OverFWC 30-40 per day. Not even close I had at least 20 people during my PAT test. They would’ve extended the application window if they had so many few candidates. Typically in the past they would receive upwards of 2000 applications so maybe that’s what the officer was referring to as fewer candidates.

• OverFWC
        OverFWC commented
        Editing a comment
        That’s literally what he said “We had expected a larger turnout. We have only had 30-40 people come through each day”.. maybe he wasn’t sure what he was talking about.

• MHenry_FWC
        MHenry_FWC commented
        Editing a comment
        I was just interested in gathering a range/average of PAT times that were scored in this forum. Obviously, in hiring more priority will be placed on the interview, qualifications (college degrees, prior LEO/military, etc.), background investigations, etc. I think what most of us are getting at is that if it came down to 2 candidates with same interview score, roughly same qualifications, good background standing the PAT could be something used to determine which candidate to select (faster time generally correlates to fitter candidate).

And 30 to 40 could be correct, during my time at all 3 locations (pool, PAT, and academy for interview) I probably saw at least 30 different individuals. Mind you, all 3 of those activities only took me maybe 2.5 hours. Arrived for swim test @ 0915 and was completed with interview by @ 1145/12. If they were truly running testing/interviewing from 0800 to 1600 everyday I'd assume more came through.

But who knows? We can only speculate on what we've heard. Best to just sit tight and see what happens.

• Aidokea
        Aidokea commented
        Editing a comment
        This is 2021- the minimum standards have been lowered nationwide, to allow agencies to hire based upon their "diversity goals", as opposed to hiring based upon an applicant's ability to actually do the job. So being born female, not white, and/or choosing to pursue the act of homosexuality, are going to count MUCH more than your written exam score or your PAT...

Yeah there are a lot of military and Leo’s when I went there were 3 guys I was talking with who are prior LEO and certified like me.

the bad thing about the interviews were we were all being judged by different people. Also you never know the mood the officers were in, were they burnt out irritated or what. Interviewing a few hundred people would suck.

Comment

I feel like a psycho. I check my emails at least 10 times a day waiting for some kind of notification. Then I realize it’s only been a week

Comment

• Trueblue98
          Trueblue98 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lol me too. Why are we like this.

• Setj3860311
          Setj3860311 commented
          Editing a comment
          Haha, I just wanna call and be like what do you guys think. Yes or no lmao. Patience is not a virtue that I carry.

Who has been tased and or OC sprayed with Saber Red?

Comment

Well I see this thread is dead until we get some news lol

Comment

• Setj3860311
            Setj3860311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems that way haha.

I just missed a phone call from Tallahassee Community College but they didn’t leave a message. Anybody else receive one?

Comment

• SaltyDog
            SaltyDog commented
            Editing a comment
            Update it was someone from FWC. They’re processing our applications now

• Trueblue98
            Trueblue98 commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for the info, was it a phone call that we should all be expecting or did they need something from you specifically?

Trueblue98 something pertaining to me, but the person I spoke to did confirm on a January academy. Also all of us that pass the interview phase will be put into the background/psych phase. I guess both will be completed before a conditional offer. At least according to who I spoke with.

Comment

• Trueblue98
            Trueblue98 commented
            Editing a comment
            Roger that sounds good to me. High hopes!

• Setj3860311
            Setj3860311 commented
            Editing a comment
            I wish I knew how far along the current class was and when they we’re hon going to be done. If I get hired it would be nice to just hop on at the end with them so I don’t have to wait until next July to start agency training.

• WheelBoss71
            WheelBoss71 commented
            Editing a comment
            The current class is getting ready to test for the state and begin breakout

• Setj3860311
            Setj3860311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course they are haha!

Just realized something..was anybody measured for uniforms? Typically in the past they measured for uniforms right after interviews, but I wasn’t measured.

Comment

• NS14
            NS14 commented
            Editing a comment
            I was not measured either.

• Setj3860311
            Setj3860311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Did they really? I know all agencies are different but being a large agency I’m sure they have uniforms in bulk, you just try them on. The only custom fitting I had in my past agency was for your vest, which takes a few weeks to get.

• SaltyDog
            SaltyDog commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah if you don’t believe me go read the past forums, but I’ve already talked to a few people that work with the commission and everything being done this year is different than the past.

• Setj3860311
            Setj3860311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah I imagine they are rushing to hire people. I wasn’t saying I didn’t believe you though. I was just stating based of my experience at a large agency in Florida what they did. I’m just along for the ride though, hope to hear something soon.

Well I just got the call. I’m moving on

Comment

• SaltyDog
            SaltyDog commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks. Got my conditional offer and scheduled my Psych evaluation.

• WheelBoss71
            WheelBoss71 commented
            Editing a comment
            Is your conditional contingent on your background too?

• SaltyDog
            SaltyDog commented
            Editing a comment
            Of course. Conditional is contingent on background and psych. I’m pretty sure today was the first day they started letting candidates know about moving on. This week the rest of you should find out.

• Setj3860311
            Setj3860311 commented
            Editing a comment
            Congratulations!

Hey guys! Haven’t posted on this forum yet, second time applying, good luck to everyone! Still haven’t heard anything yet. Like you guys said before they’re aiming for January, my brother is in Fwc and confirmed that as well. Good luck to everyone!

Comment

Anyone else get a phone call or email?

Comment

• Flormom81
              Flormom81 commented
              Editing a comment
              According to the recruiter, they do not and will not call anyone.. They only make contact via email. Also FWC office a stated they do not call. Everyone will be contacted via email.
              For everyone else reading this, FWC will contact you only via email, that was verified through the FWC office and by recruiters.

• Trueblue98
              Trueblue98 commented
              Editing a comment
              Flormom81 A few people I have spoken to have already gotten a phone call letting them know they’re moving forward from Tallahassee. So not sure how your information checks out lol

I haven’t yet either.

Comment

Any more news anyone?

Comment

• Flormom81
                Flormom81 commented
                Editing a comment
                I spoke to my recruiter yesterday and also called FWC. Both of them stated they will notify us via email only. They will not make phone calls. I was told this bc my number has since changed since my resume an application was submitted.l back in February. I needed to update them on my new number just in case they called. They then stated they do not call, it will be contact through email.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4913 users online. 307 members and 4606 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X