Forum Member

• SaltyDog
    commented on 's reply
    My PAT time was right at 6 minutes
  • MHenry_FWC
    Forum Member

• MHenry_FWC
    commented on 's reply
    That's a good answer; sounds like we're on the same page there. I just hope half my answers sounded how I intended them. I'm always self-conscious that because of stumbles or pauses, I end up sounding so much less intelligent than I actually am to the interviewers. I'm sure most people feel that way during interviews though.
  • Trueblue98
    Forum Member

• Trueblue98
    commented on 's reply
    When I was asked what conservation means to me I responded by saying that “it’s a generational responsibility and that it means to protect and preserve our natural resources by preventing waste and enforcing regulations for the long term well being of the people”
  • MHenry_FWC
    Forum Member

• MHenry_FWC
    commented on 's reply
    Yeah, that's true. Done and dusted now; can't go back and change anything. I'm happy enough with the answers I gave. I guess we'll see what happens in 4 to 6 weeks time.

I think the one question that I'm most frustrated with my answer was the "define conservation and how it relates to Florida". Pretty sure my answer coming out just sounded like I was talking in a circle. I rambled about the importance of wildlife laws/regulations to ensure population continuation for enjoyment of future hunters/anglers. Although it didn't come out sounding that put together, haha.

I did a ride along in 2019 and he said the same thing sort of. Honestly, it's out of our hands now. We all did our best; just up to the selection committee to see who they liked and want to push through.
  • Trueblue98
    Forum Member

• Trueblue98
    commented on 's reply
    Don’t be hard on yourself. I am positive we are all thinking similarly. There’s always more we could say in hindsight but it’s harder to come up with the language on the spot. I just tried to elaborate as much as I could muster and be honest in my answers.

My ride-along officer said he was nervous as all hell going in but he made it through! All we can do is be positive while we wait. What did you say when you were asked, what they should remember the most about you?
  • MHenry_FWC
    Forum Member

• MHenry_FWC
    commented on 's reply
    Good to know, so going off 100 points total and there were 10 questions (if I'm remembering correctly) the scoring system they used was 1 through 10. Meaning your answers better have been all 9's or 10's. I guess you could afford a couple 8's assuming your other answers were all perfect. That makes it more intimidating to think about.

Reflecting on the interview, there was so much more I could have said. Or worded better. But that's every interview for me I guess, I always think of better answers after having gone through it. I hope they're taking into account the people who really want the job were probably nervous during the interview. I know I stumbled over wording a couple times.
  • Trueblue98
    Forum Member

• Trueblue98
    commented on 's reply
    Lol I knocked over the first serpentine cone and had to fix it really fast. My time was almost the same as yours. I heard the point cutoff was 89 for the interview.. those who scored over 89 would proceed. Take this with a grain of salt because I learned this from an indirect source. A lot of prior-military applicants this time around.
  • MHenry_FWC
    Forum Member

• MHenry_FWC
    replied
    Just out of curiosity, any other girls on this thread who applied and interviewed last week? Just wondering how many of us made it through to interviews and are awaiting news.

Also, (question for everyone both M and F) what was everyone's PAT times? It would be interesting to know a general range and average. I'm sure if it came down to 2 "equal" candidates other qualification wise they might go with faster time.

Mine was 7:30 exactly. Probably should have been 10 sec or so faster but totally forgot at end that we were running around last cone and back to weapon fire. Lol, I ran straight through and they were all yelling at me to run back and sit down.

Leave a comment:

• WheelBoss71
    Forum Member

• WheelBoss71
    commented on 's reply
    If we're lucky 4-6 weeks!
  • Trueblue98
    Forum Member

• Trueblue98
    replied
    Longest 4-6 weeks of my life.

Leave a comment:

• MHenry_FWC
    Forum Member

• MHenry_FWC
    commented on 's reply
    Applied in 2019 but tore ACL right before PAT. Again in 2020; cancelled due to covid. So technically 3 times but first time getting to actually go through the interview process.
  • Setj3860311
    Forum Member

• Setj3860311
    replied
    I applied last year with COVID too and I put an app in.

Leave a comment:

• WheelBoss71
    Forum Member

• WheelBoss71
    commented on 's reply
    I applied last year, but was cancelled for Covid. I have an application in for the November process as well. The best way to land a fish, is to have multiple lines in the water.
  • NS14
    Forum Member

• NS14
    commented on 's reply
    I’m optimistic for this cycle. Only time will tell.
  • Trueblue98
    Forum Member

• Trueblue98
    commented on 's reply
    No, I’m feeling confident regarding this application cycle. & also I don’t want to sound superstitious but I would feel like it’s bad juju to apply to the next one before this is over.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5106 users online. 265 members and 4841 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X