X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all just have to wait
    SaltyDog
    Forum Member
    Last edited by SaltyDog; 11-17-2021, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• Is anyone on here currently in the process already certified? I'm certified and working for an agency currently. I passed the interview but was not selected to move on, but since then it seems quite a few people have dropped out for one reason or another. Kinda curious if I get a call because they said my application is still good for another year. I'm reapplying just incase because I don't want to risk anything.

Comment

• So has anyone received a medical packet that was due at a later date than October 29th?

Comment

• Ccrowe
          Ccrowe
          Forum Member
          Ccrowe commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah at the beginning of October. Did you just recieve it?

• hunterbanks
          hunterbanks
          Forum Member
          hunterbanks commented
          Editing a comment
          No, mine was also due October 29th. I was just trying to figure out if we were all waiting to hear because others were still doing medical or not.

• FWCWanbe
          FWCWanbe
          Forum Member
          FWCWanbe commented
          Editing a comment
          I do believe they’re just now having the doctor review the physicals that were due on OCT 29th.
          I received an email last week asking a question about part of mine.
          From what I’ve been told (I posted what I was told in a previous post) everyone being invited to this Academy class has already needed to have their 2nd offer obligations completed.

• Coltoncolton2
          Coltoncolton2
          Forum Member
          Coltoncolton2 commented
          Editing a comment
          That is what I was wondering. I don't know how they would have time to send out another round of medical paperwork, give the applicant the 2-3 weeks to complete it, review all of that paperwork and still send out final offers by early-mid December. As far as everyone knows, are we still looking at early December most likely for final offers?

• Well guys, any news? My cornerstone account was modified today but no email so far..

Comment

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah it sucks man and I’m not the only member on the forum in this current situation as well. Gabby has said she will not process us until she gets the rest of the names back from command. My recruiter told me class 42 is very large with over 60 recruits and he also said one of the instructors was leaving so I’m sure they’ve got a lot going on. But I can agree with you waiting sucks

• hunterbanks
          hunterbanks
          Forum Member
          hunterbanks commented
          Editing a comment
          I was already planning on calling tomorrow afternoon if we didn’t hear anything. I’ll let everyone know what she tells me

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          hunterbanks
          Forum Member
          hunterbanks Sounds good. Hopefully she’s in a good mood when you call. My recruiter claims he will have a timeline come next Monday. So I’ll let y’all know what he says if you don’t find anything out

• Richardg93
          Richardg93
          Forum Member
          Richardg93 commented
          Editing a comment
          Definitely let us know what you hear Hunterbanks I’m in the same boat as Salty dog I haven’t heard anything at all Sense the psych eval and background investigation over 3 months haven’t heard anything at all except the same thing every week.. waiting for everyone to finish background to get me to medical…

• Ok just got off the phone with Gabby. Of course it was tough to get specifics out of her, but here’s what she told me. She said they have to send the medical packets to some people (doctors I assume) to be reviewed and that they can only send so many at a time so they aren’t overwhelmed. She said they plan to be done with that in the next week or two and that is when they will start making final selections. Couldn’t get any exact dates out of her unfortunately.

Comment

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          The academy start is no longer January 5. I was just told by my recruiter a date of January 19. He isn’t sure what that date entails exactly. It’s either the date for final offers or report date for academy.
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          Last edited by SaltyDog; 12-02-2021, 02:35 PM.

• Received medical and conditional offer today!

Comment

• That's good news. So if that's due on the 13th, maybe we'll start the academy a couple weeks later than expected, which isn't too bad. Just depends how long it takes to process the 2nd round of medical paperwork I guess. It'd be awesome to get our final offers before the end of the year.

Comment

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah I was hoping with the academy being so close to the holidays they’d give us more than the typical 2 week notice. I guess we’ll just have to hope for the best. It seems crazy to me that they don’t include county on conditionals anymore. Especially if some have families and can’t uproot their lives if they’re not giving residing county

• If you have the link to where someone previously posted the packing list will you drop it here for me?
        Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by FITpilot View Post
        Cup
        Mouth piece
        High gloss dress shoes (military type) or some type of dress boot (I got Justin 3040s)
        Running shoes
        Toiletry items
        Tactical boots (black)
        PT clothes and business casual stuff for the first week or two.
        Swim wear

Items I also brought to make life easier

Iron
        Laptop (we get work ones but they don't get internet in the dorms)
        A cordless phone (you can get calls in but only local out and cellphone signal is bad here)
        Your own pillows and sheets for a twin (they provide them but they aren't the best)
        Pens
        Highlighters
        Under armour briefs
        Drifit black undershirts
        And thats about it. Oh and civies for after work wear.
        Laundry detergent and quarters!

Comment

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          I’d say yes to both of your questions. I’m sure they’re required for DT

• Ccrowe
          Ccrowe
          Forum Member
          Ccrowe commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah we are going to be doing some grappling and striking in the academy, Possibly a good bit of it.

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          I’ve heard the DT phase is no joke. Most have said it’s the toughest part of the academy

• hunterbanks
          hunterbanks
          Forum Member
          hunterbanks commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah my BI told me that during the DT section of the academy is typically where they lose people, so it must be no joke

• Who’s excited for those cold mornings we’ll have in store for the first few months?

Comment

• Reading back through forums of the previous years, I saw that while the applicants were awaiting their final offer, they received emails asking about sizes for gear, and left or right handed holster, about a month out from the academy start date. I wonder if we'll also get that email a week or two before the final offer. If that's the case, we should receive something like that relatively soon.

Comment

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah agreed. That should be contained within our informal final offer with county. At least that what I’ve been told. They used to do uniform sizing directly after oral interview I guess they got away from that with COVID

• Just finished all my paperwork and sent it out. Should arrive by Monday. My question is did you all receive a confirmation when they received your paperwork?

Comment

• hunterbanks
          hunterbanks
          Forum Member
          hunterbanks commented
          Editing a comment
          Gabby emailed me the day they received it letting me know it looked complete and they would start processing it.

• Galvanator
          Galvanator
          Forum Member
          Galvanator commented
          Editing a comment
          Sent mine out today as well, I overnighted it. Not sure if there will be someone there to receive it or not.

• SaltyDog
          SaltyDog
          Forum Member
          SaltyDog commented
          Editing a comment
          Mrs Simmons told me it would be okay if it was a few days late. Since we only really got 5 business days

• Just to give everyone a heads up. I notified the TC that I would be traveling for the holidays and they told me that would be okay just to be aware that around that time to expect a call, email or both. Regarding passing and completion of medical.

Comment

• Ccrowe
          Ccrowe
          Forum Member
          Ccrowe commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm hoping at this point that every one who hasn't passed has already been notified.

• Final Offers are happening!

Comment

• Originally posted by FWCWanbe View Post
        Final Offers are happening!
        Nice!!! Did they tell you what county you'd be in?

Comment

• FWCWanbe
          FWCWanbe
          Forum Member
          FWCWanbe commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, he told me the county the offer was for.
          And he asked a couple of uniform sizing questions.
          He told me the info packet will be emailed.
          The academy is on the 19th.

• Ccrowe
          Ccrowe
          Forum Member
          Ccrowe commented
          Editing a comment
          Man that's awesome congrats!

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4608 users online. 259 members and 4349 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X