300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General comments on best agencies in the state

I’ve done a bit of research and yes it appears south Florida has the best pay but also the highest cost of living. Just want to get some general comments . I’ve heard good things about Tampa, HCSO, PBSO, Boca PD, Coral Springs just to name a few .

looking for a good quality of life for myself and a spouse with the chance to live well with a a couple kids. Good schools , opportunity for OT, and good pay and Benefits .

Carrabelle police
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

I'm not in Florida but I can't help comment when people start talking about "the best."

What agency is "the best" literally depends on what you want for yourself and what a department provides. I spent over 20 years working for an agency that many other departments looked down at, but I had a great time, did things other officers would never get a chance to do and wouldn't trade it for all the world. I went on to spend another 10 years with an agency that was supposed to be the best of the best. It was the best when it came to pay, benefits and equipment, but working conditions and management sucked and I dreaded coming to work every day for the last five years of my career.

Figure out what it is you are looking for and what makes you happy. Then see what departments offer those things. They will be "the best" for you.
      Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6718 users online. 352 members and 6366 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X