300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MDPD Process

I submitted my application last week and they gave us all PHQ (Personal History Questionaire) and 10% needs to be notarized and thank god for Bank Atlantic free notary service if you have a account with them. The process of the application is scheduled for July in the mean time your PHQ packet has to be complete. Did anyone else apply for MDPD.

Do a search on "MDPD" and you'll find what you are looking for. A lot of Threads have been posted that might have the answers that you are looking for. I am also in the process with MDPD and I found most of my answer by searching "MDPD" on this site.
    "Live with the wolves, and you learn to howl"

Starting MDPD academy 12/10/07

Comment

I went through the process and got DQ on the final phase (Psych Test), eligible to retake psych in a year though so ill be fine

Its going to be a long process.

Make a copy of everything and always bring your copies of the packet wherever you go throughout the process. (They made me answer some questions from the packet for my polygraph test also).

Basicly remember everything you write because your future B.I will bring up some stuff or ask some question 2 or 3 months since youve done your packet.

DO NOT LIE, because if you get caught lying on your papers you are done, i believe they blackball you and that door they offer you will be shut and locked pretty hard.

MDPD will be a hell of a long process (Took me about 8 months to get to the psych phase of the hiring process) but they will be professional.

Any questions through out the process, just PM me .

Good luck and start reasearching on the MMPI and so on. I went in not knowing what to expect for the psych test and they got me. Understand how psych tests work and prep your self up so you can be as consistent as possible.

Comment

I thought MDPD lets you take a second test with a different Psych if you fail the first one. Did you take a second Psych and failed it?
        "Live with the wolves, and you learn to howl"

Starting MDPD academy 12/10/07

Comment

City of Miami is the one that you can appeal and take a second psych.

Miami Dade P.D doesnt allow you to appeal or take a second test if you want. If you dont qualify the first time you gotta wait a year and go for it again.

Comment

thanks for the heads up damode! im currently going through the chain of command sign off, im super exied because it will all be over soon once i pass the psy of course. so you failed because you were inconsistent? any other good pointers?ill let you guys know how i do when I take it.

954 you have a verrry loooong way to go hang on.
            Troop E

Comment

I was pretty consistent.

I just scored a bit high on 2 categories that M.D.P.D is VERY VERY strict about compared to other departments.

Reasearch a bit on the psych tests and see how they work. Go in there relaxed and answer the questions and be honest and youll be fine. Police work is about being a teamplayer and thinking before you do decisions. Keep that in mind when you go take the test and youll be o.k

Comment

what where the two high categories?
                Troop E

Comment

I just PM'ed what happened to me ManRicky, hope it helps

Comment

Originally posted by damode View Post
                    I just PM'ed what happened to me ManRicky, hope it helps
                    It really did i just sent the reply
                    Troop E

Comment

what did you score to high on

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6476 users online. 350 members and 6126 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X