300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NJ to South Florida Questions

I am an officer in small town NJ with a year on. Looking to relocate to South Florida and have been looking at various departments in Broward and Palm Beach Counties. Can anyone recommend any reputable departments within these counties as far as pay, schedule, benefits, pensions etc. I have looked into Coconut Creek, Ft. Lauderdale, Jupiter, West Palm Beach to name a few. Curious to know if anyone has made the move from the northeast to South Florida and can elaborate a little on how the process went.

As far as EOT, does anyone know how it is working during Covid and if you can apply to departments before you complete it and the state exam or do you have to wait until you pass the exam to apply? I know I asked a lot of questions, feel free to answer a few of them if you have any input. Thanks

Boca Raton is the highest paid department in FL. PBSO (Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office) is a very good agency as well. Coral Springs is good too. Davie, Plantation, and Sunrise are decent agencies as well. Several departments will allow you to apply prior to going through the EOT course and becoming FL certified. Some will put you through it if hired as well. You will have to look into them and see which interest you. Many from the NE have made the move down here and are working.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3589 users online. 179 members and 3410 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X