300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FL Department of Corrections

My son is processing for Dept of Corrections to be a corrections officer. I use to try to talk him out of LE since I was municipal LE here (he never listens lol) but he currently works armed security and volunteers at the local Sheriff office in FL and is taking criminal justice classes as JC. What are the working conditions there now with COVID? Is this a good step for him in his pursuit of starting a career in criminal justice?

Originally posted by WindyCityCold View Post
    My son is processing for Dept of Corrections to be a corrections officer. I use to try to talk him out of LE since I was municipal LE here (he never listens lol) but he currently works armed security and volunteers at the local Sheriff office in FL and is taking criminal justice classes as JC. What are the working conditions there now with COVID? Is this a good step for him in his pursuit of starting a career in criminal justice?
    Don't know what they are doing in regards to Covid. When I worked for FDC they paid your way through the corrections academy and there was options afterwards to take the one of the cross over courses for LE or Probation. Can't remember if FDC paid for the cross over courses or not but I worked with some COs that done the cross over.

IMO it's not a bad way to start out. The benefits aren't bad either. Now I've heard from some that worked recently for other FDC prisons and didn't have much good things to say about it. About 15 years ago the prison I worked in was very well run compared to the one Georgia prison i worked in.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6822 users online. 355 members and 6467 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X