300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NH to FL

Hello all, I am a certified LEO in NH, and love it. I lived in Broward County for about a year, and might think about moving back down there sometime in the future. Can anyone tell me how easy transfering my certification to FL will be, or if I will have to go through the entire academy/training process again down there? NH is a POST certified state. Any info on the best way to transfer would be great! Thanks!
    Live freeze and die

You shouldn't have to go to the police academy again, check this link to the FDLE website which has some information on the subject.

http://www.fdle.state.fl.us/cjst/off...uivalency.html

I used to live in Nashua and commuted to Woburn, MA everyday...yikes!! I don't miss that at all!

Comment

you would have to go through a 2 week equivalency of training or EOt and then take the CMS state exam. Come to Pinellas County and Apply with the Pinellas County Sheriff's Office Located at 10750 Ulmerton Road, Largo, FL33778. The number is 727-582-6200 ask for the personnel department. We're starting out at $40,081.80 - $60,141.95. Here's some information from the our website. www.pscoweb.com. Like it says below, contact PASS and take the test. St.Petersburg College Allstate Center is were you would go for the EOT for 2 weeks. Feel free to send me a message through this website.
      Law Enforcement Certification Information

If you are currently law enforcement-certified in another state and wish to become certified in the state of Florida, you may contact the Florida Criminal Justice Standards & Training Commission (CJSTC) at 850-410-8600 or www.fdle.state.fl.us for further information on equivalency training at one of the state's law enforcement training centers. Or if you wish to attend the law enforcement training center in Pinellas County, you can contact the Police Applicant Screening Service (PASS) at 727-864-3822 or www.policestandards.org. Either CJSTC or PASS will be able to evaluate your background and previous training to determine what is needed for you to become Florida-certified.

If you are not certified in any state and wish to become a law enforcement or detention deputy, you may contact one of the state's law enforcement training centers for information on available certification courses and the requirements to be admitted.

Comment

to think i would like to go to NH from FL.
        "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

Originally posted by dogma vs karma View Post
          Where in NH do you want to go?

Comment

Originally Posted by dogma vs karma

i lived in NH for 4 years.. i like "SUNNY FLORIDA" better, the day i moved down there was a noreaster (Dec 10, 2003) and there was 4 feet of snow while i was loading up the U-haul. In all truth NH is beautiful in the summer, good to go hiking with mountians 20 mins away and the beach 20 mins away and boston 30-40 mins away. This is from manchester, nashua area.
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
            Proversb 3:5

Comment

sorry to thread jack.
              manchester or nashua.
              "In a bacon-and-egg breakfast, the chicken is involved, but the pig is committed." - Brian Billick

Be that pig.

Comment

I lived in a town called Litchfield. It was in between nashua and manchester. I was like 5 mins from the Manchester Airport. Nice little area but property values went up a lot.
                Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
                Proversb 3:5

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3699 users online. 234 members and 3465 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X