Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New York City to The state of Florida

Good evening,

My wife and I are considering moving the family down to Florida. I’m currently a correction officer with the New York City Department of Correction. I’ve been here for 5 years. I also served in the Army National guard for 3 years with an honorable discharge, if that makes a difference. Here in New York we are peace officers with arrest powers and we carry off duty. The academy is approximately 6 months and covers a variety of topics. I am aware that a police officer is different from a correction or parole or probation officer etc.. but my question is does anyone know the process to get certified as an out of state officer in order for me to do an abbreviated academy or take an exam?

I hope I’m asking this question correctly. If further information is needed, please advise. Thank you in advance.
    New York City Department of Correction and US Army. 🇺🇸

don't think you'd be able to transfer certification to Police, however, you can do a cross over for corrections, and then do another class later on...I believe...look for EOT program https://www.fdle.state.fl.us/CJSTC/O...-Training.aspx

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3702 users online. 200 members and 3502 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
    Working...
    X