Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not to hijack the thread, but I'm in a similar boat. However, I'm already a CO in NY. Would I be able to transfer my cert down there then take the PO classes?

Comment

you would have to get your ny state certif recognized here and take the state test, then yr fla certified, then some how take the corrections to
      police cross over glass, and take the state police certf test.

some may require you work and go thru a agency down here
      others may be able to self sponsor after yr corrections is recognized.
      " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
      " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

So I'm probably better off trying to get sponsored through the Academy down there?

Comment

you can try fort myers p.d. last i heard they are hiring. its a great place for some action.

Comment

I'm a Deputy with the Marion County Sheriff's Department in Indianapolis, we no longer have the chance to move into Road Patrol/Law Enforcement due to a merger with the Indianapolis Police Department. For those that are curious, everybody is ****ed and we don't think it's cool to have a county-wide police force. Back on point. I've been through the department run 9 week academy, which allows me to be a LEO in Indiana, I'm going back soon to complete the 2 week corrections portion next month. I've also been to the Army MP School, where I also picked up 18 months of active duty doing law enforcement on base.

Would I stand a good chance of getting Florida certified without repeating the academy? If not, what would be some good agencies to go to with my training?

Comment

3Charles I feel the pain. I have went to the Town Marshal's basic course and now wish that I had taken a leave from my other job and finished the full basic course. Sounds like other have suggested looking at Orlando as a starting point. I spoke with a person from one of the training sites about the out of state program and was told that my cert prob would not be good enough. But since you have MP you should be able to get in. Good luck and be safe

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3451 users online. 256 members and 3195 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X