300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broward Sheriff Office (Process)

Hello to all, this is my first time on this site and looking for someone who’s in the process with the Broward Sheriff Office or has knowledge on BSO hiring practice. I applied back in early March and have already passed the Oral Board Interview, Polygraph, and currently pending my results from the Psychological exam that I took ten days ago. I’m wondering how long does it take to hear from BSO if you pass the Psychological, I was told the results would be ready in a week but when I called HR to give them my new address they told me the results have not been sent yet. I’m also a little worried due to the fact that I have already failed two Psychological exams in the past for Miami-Dade County, reason for failing was inconstant answers which makes sense because I put to much thought into the questions. Well that’s my story I’ll post my Psychological results on the board soon!

Hello,

I was just hired by BSO, i know the process was long and at times i was like man maybe i screwed up maybe somthing happend but then it just took 2 weeks to get a call back who knows maybe tues wed you will get a call. I know tomorrow is orentation so they will be busy. But keep your head up. If you take the psych again remember do not read into the questions, they will catch you if you try to make yourself better then you really are and if you are lying. But good luck and stay positive.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proversb 3:5

Comment

Thanks for the support Italyn, I'll wait and see what happens with my results. Good luck in orentation tommarow oh yeah how was the medical exam like?

Comment

Thanks, Orent. was good... Medical was easy. Just blood, ekg and stretching then vision test, drug test. It was real easy. I was talking to HR today and they said they were busy, so it might take like a week or two before you hear anything. Good luck though. Any other questions i hope i can help.

Comment

Sometimes no news is good news. Have one person as a contact in HR dept. Also did you speak to any recuiters at BSO?
          LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Italyn I do have another question, I know every process is different but how did you find out that you passed the Psychological exam. By the way that was a great quote (Trust in the lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding)

C.I. Hog I hear that all the time (No news is good news) its funny because I hate going to the mail box everyday, I did speak with a recruiter in the beginning of my process I asked a couple of questions and that was it. I only called HR once to change my address, I was told it’s a bad idea to call HR being that there always busy and that you might be DQ for calling so much!

Comment

I hate going to the mail box too.

Do you remember the recruiters name? You can call BSO's HR dept they are real good at helping people out. During my process I called once every two weeks at the same day,same time and spoke to a gentleman named Grant. Get into some casual conversation not to much but enough to possibly put a smile on that contacts name they will remember you. Remember not all hiring porcesses are the same some take longer than others. Did you apply for DLE or DOD?
              LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello,

I found out that i passed the next step that my neighbor received a letter to fill out. It was a questionaire about me. That was over 2 weeks after the pysch.
                It is funny i was talking to a guy in my group of new hires today and he said he called once and they told him that if you failed the Psych you would hear right away. Like CI HOG said... no news is good news. It means they have not dropped you. Otherwise you will hear from your BI. After the people from my background were reached i was pretty much all set my BI called me to ask one question. Then after that was the drug test. I am sure you will be fine if you made it this far and have not had a call or letter yet.

Thanks with the quote.. strait from the bible. haha.

Comment

Well this morning I lost the battle with BSO, I received my letter stating that I failed the Psychological evaluation, I made an appointment with Dr. Harley Stock for feed-back on Monday to find out what happen! This is my third time failing the Psychological exam, not sure what to do to better myself for any future exams anyways this ends my story for now.

Comment

Don't give up

Don't worry dude. Keep your head up. I went through my share of psych's and poly's before I made it. Took about 4 years of trying for me and I alot of headaches and heartaches! I know it sucks but keep trying, I did, and now I love my job in LE.

Listen to that quote from the bible, it's true. Problem is you'll have to wait a little longer to know it's true meaning. Keep your faith and stay clear of tickets and any trouble. The next Psych test might show your improvement and maturity. Remember on those tests just be yourself and remain consistent.

Comment

Hey man do not give up. Just keep moving forward. Do not get negative, negativity breeds more negativity and positivity breeds positivity. When you go back to talk to Dr. Harley (i had him too) Just ask where he though i was off track and maybe you could explain better to him the reason for choosing your answers. The only other thing you could do is ask for another Dr. to take the psych with. Good luck man and keep your head up. I applied at 4 different agencys before i was hired by one.

Comment

Thanks for the support you guys, I understand becoming a LEO is a hard and long process and I wont give up till my dream comes truce. In the mean while I’ll continue training gym/books until my next process. I’m thinking about applying in the central FL area what agencies hires non-certified? Oh yeah to So Fl Cop that quote was funny about Dr. Stock, Everyone tells me he’s an A-hole I actually thought he was alright even though he failed me maybe it was for the best, Later dudes

Comment

Originally posted by italyn View Post
                          Thanks, Orent. was good... Medical was easy. Just blood, ekg and stretching then vision test, drug test. It was real easy. I was talking to HR today and they said they were busy, so it might take like a week or two before you hear anything. Good luck though. Any other questions i hope i can help.

Comment

A seven year old thread??????? We will send you to Stock !!
                            September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3486 users online. 160 members and 3326 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X