300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinellas/Hillsborough SO Deputy questions

I'm out of state, non LE, and have been looking into relocating to the Tampa area. Do both of these departments hire non certified? I'm under the understanding that Hillsborough does, as they put their recruits through their own academy. Regarding Pinellas, it's not exactly clear from their website (Pasco seems clear they want certified candidates). Also, which department is generally better to work for? From what I understand with FRS, it's a 30 year retirement? Is there an age requirement as well, where you could retire prior to completing 30 years? Are the pension calculations based on a best average later in your career? I've been in my states pension system for some time now, my understanding none of that will carry over. Regarding pay steps, it appears Hillsborough takes around 10/11 years to a top pay around $80K for a Deputy? I haven't seen a breakdown of those steps, if anyone has them. What are the steps and top pay at Pinellas for a Deputy? Lastly, what are the OT opportunities like for each department? I understand I have a lot of questions, I appreciate any insight.
    Last edited by Smith010; 10-08-2020, 02:07 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5657 users online. 323 members and 5334 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X