300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EOT 2020 COVID edition

I've been approved for and received my form 76 but I can't find any training centers currently offering EOT courses.

Does anyone know of any? Some of the locations listed on the FDLE don't offer EOT despite being listed. I've called around and nobody is doing them right not except Gulf Coast and its 450. Yikes.

Also, if anyone has any of the books or study materials they used at EOT and are willing to sell them to me please PM me.

I completed EOT/EFT through Florida Public Safety Institute back in February . I would highly recommend you check them out. The first 4 days is showing proficiency in the high liabilities. After that they prepare you for the State Exam. In addition, they have a dorm . Single room for only 27 a night.

Also, try this site
    https://www.myfloridapoliceexams.com/ I signed up for 30 days it cost 20 dollars. Had a ton of practice exams etc..

I even had several questions from the site on the state test.

Good Luck
    Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable. - Sydney J. Harris

Comment

The one in St Johns County and the one in Palm Beach County

Comment

Originally posted by Saluki89 View Post
        I've been approved for and received my form 76 but I can't find any training centers currently offering EOT courses.

Does anyone know of any? Some of the locations listed on the FDLE don't offer EOT despite being listed. I've called around and nobody is doing them right not except Gulf Coast and its 450. Yikes.

Also, if anyone has any of the books or study materials they used at EOT and are willing to sell them to me please PM me.
        450 is probably the cheapest you will find in the state......

Comment

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yup. After a few weeks of looking around this is definitely the case. Some places wanted upwards of 1k.

What part of Florida are you going?

Comment

• Saluki89
          Saluki89 commented
          Editing a comment
          in a few pipelines right now in different parts of the state. Trying to get near some salt water for the next few years.

deleted....
        Last edited by Stay Frosty; 09-19-2020, 08:46 AM.

Comment

To anyone that wants to do EOT, I just completed mine through Manatee Tech which was a 5 day course for $900. Sure it’s expensive, but it saves you 6 months of a police academy. Find the right agency and they’ll pay for you to take it. The other place that offers it is St Petersburg College for a 2 week program. Their available dates were too far out for me so I didn’t take it. According to the Manatee guys, the SPC one is 2 weeks because they help you practice for the SOCE for the second week. However, I passed my test 2 days ago just by reading both books and taking practice exams online.

Comment

Just finished mine at gulf coast. Right in the middle of hurricane Sally. Probably the worst weather I have ever experienced in my life.

Comment

• pacop1990
              pacop1990 commented
              Editing a comment
              Sent you a PM

For what it's worth, Hillsborough County Sheriff and Tampa PD should be hiring a lot of people coming up. I talked to one Tampa PD Officer and he said hundreds will be eligible to retire in the next 5 years. Hillsborough is also hurting for people according to a few Deputies that I've talked to. Others on the Departments can probably offer more info but that's what I was told.
            Originally posted by RSGSRT
            We've reached a point where natural selection doesn't have a chance in hell of keeping up with the procreation of imbeciles.
            Why is it acceptable for you to be an idiot, but not acceptable for me to point it out?

Comment

• Saluki89
              Saluki89 commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm in Tampa's process now. They're waiting for my state exam test results. I'm trying to get onto the panhandle or a bigger dept like tampa or st. Pete.

I'm in PCB now and its so fun. I'd really like to move here.

Any info on Jacksonville Sheriff's Office ? Is it a good dept ?

Comment

Does anyone know what time the EOT class at Manatee Tech. College is every day? Is it 0800-1600 or 0900-1700?

thank you!

Comment

Pretty much 9-5 with the exception of one day that’s split for day and night driving.

Comment

Just registered for the EOT November class at Manatee Tech College, anyone else?

Comment

I'm registered for this November at St. Petersburg College. Flying in from New York for 2 weeks.

Comment

Great post! I am also thinking of completing the EOT also. How would you guys rate it on difficulty?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6337 users online. 385 members and 5952 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X