Clear All

• pacop1990
    commented on 's reply
    Sent you a PM

• westside popo
    replied
    Originally posted by Try2Live4God View Post

Thank you for this explanation.

So if i'm trying for a lateral transfer from NYC to a dept in Florida, I would need the CJBAT and then eventually the SOCE?
    Yes but you'll have test out on the high liability areas or complete one of those condensed EOT courses in between.

The CJBAT test was easy IMO when I took it about 20 years ago. The state exam or SOCE wasn't that hard as long you paid attention in class but it was very LONG then.

Leave a comment:

• Try2Live4God
    replied
    Originally posted by ChiAmer View Post

To put it simply, the CJBAT is the entrance exam to most departments or essentially the exam they want to see to make sure you have the "wits" for being a police officer or deputy sheriff.

The SOCE or the State Officer Certification Exam, is the exam for which completes your certification after the academy before you go out on FTO with an agency that hires you.

EOT or Equivalency of Training is the training a Federal, Out-of-State or Military Police Officer needs to complete to transfer his or her out of state certification as a police officer to the state of Florida. This training consists of Firearms, EVOC, Defensive Tactics and test prep for the SOCE that will complete your out of state police certification to the state like I said.
    Thank you for this explanation.

So if i'm trying for a lateral transfer from NYC to a dept in Florida, I would need the CJBAT and then eventually the SOCE?

Leave a comment:

• ChiAmer
    replied
    Originally posted by Try2Live4God View Post
    Can someone please explain what the difference is between 1) EOT, 2) CJBAT and 3) SOCE?
    Is EOT = SOCE? Is CJBAT = EOT?
    Are these tests required by all Florida departments? Any help is appreciated.
    To put it simply, the CJBAT is the entrance exam to most departments or essentially the exam they want to see to make sure you have the "wits" for being a police officer or deputy sheriff.

The SOCE or the State Officer Certification Exam, is the exam for which completes your certification after the academy before you go out on FTO with an agency that hires you.

EOT or Equivalency of Training is the training a Federal, Out-of-State or Military Police Officer needs to complete to transfer his or her out of state certification as a police officer to the state of Florida. This training consists of Firearms, EVOC, Defensive Tactics and test prep for the SOCE that will complete your out of state police certification to the state like I said.

Leave a comment:

• Try2Live4God
    replied
    Can someone please explain what the difference is between 1) EOT, 2) CJBAT and 3) SOCE?
    Is EOT = SOCE? Is CJBAT = EOT?
    Are these tests required by all Florida departments? Any help is appreciated.

Leave a comment:

• southpaw1
    replied
    Curious too. Let us know how that goes for you. I'm new to Florida's hiring process and now more than ever seriously considering a lateral move there. I don't think there's enough u-hauls to get out of here. I might just start walking far away from this place and I hope you guys have good pizza there too lol.

Leave a comment:

• Saluki89
    replied
    It was not difficult.

I have not taken the state exam yet so idk what's on that.

Leave a comment:

• WindyCityCold
    replied
    Great post! I am also thinking of completing the EOT also. How would you guys rate it on difficulty?

Leave a comment:

• Brooklyn375
    replied
    I'm registered for this November at St. Petersburg College. Flying in from New York for 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• NTestani23
    replied
    Just registered for the EOT November class at Manatee Tech College, anyone else?

Leave a comment:

• killian0317
    replied
    Pretty much 9-5 with the exception of one day that’s split for day and night driving.

Leave a comment:

• ChiAmer
    replied
    Does anyone know what time the EOT class at Manatee Tech. College is every day? Is it 0800-1600 or 0900-1700?

thank you!

Leave a comment:

• Stay Frosty
    replied
    Any info on Jacksonville Sheriff's Office ? Is it a good dept ?

Leave a comment:

• Saluki89
    commented on 's reply
    I'm in Tampa's process now. They're waiting for my state exam test results. I'm trying to get onto the panhandle or a bigger dept like tampa or st. Pete.

I'm in PCB now and its so fun. I'd really like to move here.

• Aerohead
    replied
    For what it's worth, Hillsborough County Sheriff and Tampa PD should be hiring a lot of people coming up. I talked to one Tampa PD Officer and he said hundreds will be eligible to retire in the next 5 years. Hillsborough is also hurting for people according to a few Deputies that I've talked to. Others on the Departments can probably offer more info but that's what I was told.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4036 users online. 239 members and 3797 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X