300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was not difficult.

I have not taken the state exam yet so idk what's on that.

Comment

Curious too. Let us know how that goes for you. I'm new to Florida's hiring process and now more than ever seriously considering a lateral move there. I don't think there's enough u-hauls to get out of here. I might just start walking far away from this place and I hope you guys have good pizza there too lol.

Comment

Can someone please explain what the difference is between 1) EOT, 2) CJBAT and 3) SOCE?
        Is EOT = SOCE? Is CJBAT = EOT?
        Are these tests required by all Florida departments? Any help is appreciated.
        NYPD
        Test: 2326
        Score: 97
        List #: 4xx
        Medical: Mar '14
        BI: May '14
        Psych/Oral Psych: May '14
        JST: Oct '14
        Mini-Medical: Nov '14

Comment

Originally posted by Try2Live4God View Post
          Can someone please explain what the difference is between 1) EOT, 2) CJBAT and 3) SOCE?
          Is EOT = SOCE? Is CJBAT = EOT?
          Are these tests required by all Florida departments? Any help is appreciated.
          To put it simply, the CJBAT is the entrance exam to most departments or essentially the exam they want to see to make sure you have the "wits" for being a police officer or deputy sheriff.

The SOCE or the State Officer Certification Exam, is the exam for which completes your certification after the academy before you go out on FTO with an agency that hires you.

EOT or Equivalency of Training is the training a Federal, Out-of-State or Military Police Officer needs to complete to transfer his or her out of state certification as a police officer to the state of Florida. This training consists of Firearms, EVOC, Defensive Tactics and test prep for the SOCE that will complete your out of state police certification to the state like I said.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiAmer View Post

To put it simply, the CJBAT is the entrance exam to most departments or essentially the exam they want to see to make sure you have the "wits" for being a police officer or deputy sheriff.

The SOCE or the State Officer Certification Exam, is the exam for which completes your certification after the academy before you go out on FTO with an agency that hires you.

EOT or Equivalency of Training is the training a Federal, Out-of-State or Military Police Officer needs to complete to transfer his or her out of state certification as a police officer to the state of Florida. This training consists of Firearms, EVOC, Defensive Tactics and test prep for the SOCE that will complete your out of state police certification to the state like I said.
            Thank you for this explanation.

So if i'm trying for a lateral transfer from NYC to a dept in Florida, I would need the CJBAT and then eventually the SOCE?
            NYPD
            Test: 2326
            Score: 97
            List #: 4xx
            Medical: Mar '14
            BI: May '14
            Psych/Oral Psych: May '14
            JST: Oct '14
            Mini-Medical: Nov '14

Comment

Originally posted by Try2Live4God View Post

Thank you for this explanation.

So if i'm trying for a lateral transfer from NYC to a dept in Florida, I would need the CJBAT and then eventually the SOCE?
              Yes but you'll have test out on the high liability areas or complete one of those condensed EOT courses in between.

The CJBAT test was easy IMO when I took it about 20 years ago. The state exam or SOCE wasn't that hard as long you paid attention in class but it was very LONG then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6761 users online. 386 members and 6375 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X