300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miami Dade Co. Florida Police Officer

DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES? THE CITY OF MIAMI DADE CO. FLORIDA POLICE OFFICER (BASIC RECRUIT) The annualized wage rate during the academy and until the State certification exam is passed is $41,232. Applicants will be hired in the classification of Police Officer-Probationary (Occ. Code 5003), and upon successful completion of the academy and the state examination will be promoted to the classification of Police Officer (Occ. Code 5005) at starting yearly salary of $43,293 PLUS $2,000 Crime Prevention Pay. Longevity steps extend salaries to $74,252 annually pursuant to the current labor agreement. The City of Miami is seeking individuals of high integrity interested in law enforcement as a career pursuit. Submit the following documents to qualify: 1. Qualifying Test: Proof of passing the FBAT must be submitted with employment application. DOCUMENTATION: Copies of the following documents must be submitted at the time of application in order to qualify to take the City of Miami's Police Officer entrance exam: • Proof of passing score on the FBAT, CJBAT, or FDLE police examination (The FBAT can be taken at Miami-Dade Community College, North Campus. Test administration will be at the applicant's expense. For information on the FBAT, visit http://www.mdc.edu/north/f-bat/about_the_test.html._ Proof of successful completion of the CJBAT or FDLE Police examination will also be accepted, subject to verification. • Valid Driver's License from any State • High School Diploma, GED or higher degree • Birth Certificate, naturalization certificate or valid U.S. Passport reflecting U.S. Citizenship • If claiming Veteran's Preference, military discharge papers (Form DD-214); If claiming Disabled Veteran's Preference, a letter from Veteran's Affairs or the Department of Defense dated within one year of the closing date is also needed. Letter of disability must state percentage of disability. • Background Investigation Request Form may be obtained from the City of Miami's Employment Office or may be downloaded fro, the City's website www.ci.miami.fl.us For details, please visit our website at www.miamigov.com, visit our Employment Office located at 444 SW 2nd Avenue, Room 129, or call the job hotline at (305) 416-2050. CLOSING DATE: Friday, June 15, 2007 (or the first 750 completed application, whichever occurs first) Note: only complete applications with all required documents will be accepted. Visit us at Jobing.com's Career Expo Thursday, May 31, 2007 at the Broward County Convention Center, Exhibit Hall A! The City of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate.

Source - South Florida Sun-Sentinel
    LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow thats a misleading post.

City of Miami police is not Miami-Dade County Police(Aka "Metro").

If you are looking for Miami-Dade County Police.. www.MDPD.com

Comment

Just goes to show you how Miami-Dade and Miami work. This threw me off too.
      LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

But you posted it???

Comment

Just remember, the average cost of a new single family home in Miami-Dade County is $340k. Hurricanes, 95 degrees during the day and 82 at night, if you dont like boating/fishing there is almost nothing to do, public schools suck and are dangerous, currently under drought, flat, boring,

but the ladies.......oh the ladies. A single mans paradise.

But no place to raise a family.
          Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
          Thomas Jefferson

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
          Albert Einstein

Comment

But you posted it???

Yup, just to inform about a job posting that is misleading. Miami-k9 hit it on with his post. Love to fish for the ladies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I Applied

I have a PHQ (Personal History Questionaire). We start processing in July...We do the Orientation that day and possibly the Oral Board. I'm a bit nervous but I'm ready for a career not just a job. Oh City of Miami also having there Agility test in July...Metro Dade Police Department is like the Sheriffs Office of Dade County. They police alot of incorporated areas....

Comment

I hope I am not stealing the thread with this question. How does the prisoner process work in MD? Are prisoners transported to the jail and the jailers process them or do officers do the processing?

If a prisoner committs a felony (rape, murder, carjacking, etc.) does the officer transport them to the bureau and standby until they are interviewed/interrogated?

Is there night court?

Thanks for any comments.
                2Lucky

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6153 users online. 371 members and 5782 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X