Conditional Offer- June-21-2007
    Polygraph- Pending Results
    Background- N/A
    Psycholgical- N/A
    Medical/Visual- N/A
    Oral Interview- N/A

Comment

Originally posted by danperez View Post
      Where can I get an application for the Non-Certified position? I'm from out of state and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.s. I checked their website and can't find any application to download or print.

http://www.miamigov.com/Personnel/DOCS/Application.pdf

Comment

Gentlemen

Dman, Winston

Much appreciation fellas. I will look into these and make my decision

Be safe

PittsburghKid
        Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
        Written - Passed
        Physical test - Passed
        Background Investigation - Finished
        Oral Board - Passed
        Polygraph - Passed
        Chief's Decision - Pending
        Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
        Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Comment

City of Miami is a good place to work at. I am currently going thru the hiring process. I live in Miami over 25 years.

Comment

While most of the comments that were said are true about Miami. I do think that they have been taken a little too far. Miami-Dade is a good place if you ask me. I live in Kendall which is awesome and I love living here. I have noticed however that the rift-rafts from the NW and Hialeah have been moving to this area which is kind of scary. I will agree as well that whenever I have to travel to the downtown area I always go armed myself.

On another note, I noticed someone said or mentioned something about the Miami women. The women down here are no good period!!!. Women down here are into playing so many games its not even funny. ALL of them play some sort of game with you it seems. Before, someone says I sound bitter about what I'm saying, thats not the case. I've dated women from the Keys and they certainly dont play games. I've dated women from Central Florida and they dont play games at all. It's just down here that they do it. If you ask me they are not worth the "chase" or the mind games. Plus, the woman I'm seeing now, just by her looks she sends most of the women in Miami to shame!!!. Guess where shes from???. Central Florida!!!!. Central Florida is where the beautiful and real women are at.
            Law Enforcement is a career like none other. You face challenges everyday and you get rewarded in the sametime. Thats why LE work is the best career an individual can ever choose. - Me

Comment

Question everyone: Is Miami PD different from Miami-Dade? Like, is one city and the other county or are they the same?

2Lucky

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
                Question everyone: Is Miami PD different from Miami-Dade? Like, is one city and the other county or are they the same?

2Lucky

Yea, the Miami PD covers appx. 34 square miles and Miami-Dade covers appx. 2100 square miles.

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post

2Lucky
                  Yes they are different, Miami-Dade Police is the county and Miami PD is a city Department. MDPD should be a Sheriff Office not a police department. The reason for that was back in the late 1950's Dade County elected a metropolitan type of government. Miami-Dade PD was once called Dade County Sheriff's Office from 1836 to the late 50's, Dade County Public Safety Department in the 60's and 70's Metro-Dade Police Department in the 80's and 90's, and now Miami-Dade PD. But Miami-Dade still perform duties of a county sheriff. Miami-Dade County is the only county in the State of Florida that don't use 10 codes for the radio codes and green uniforms. Also I like to add, on there badges they sill have a 5 pointed star.
                  sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

Comment

Originally posted by five0686 View Post
                    Yes they are different, Miami-Dade Police is the county and Miami PD is a city Department. MDPD should be a Sheriff Office not a police department. The reason for that was back in the late 1950's Dade County elected a metropolitan type of government. Miami-Dade PD was once called Dade County Sheriff's Office from 1836 to the late 50's, Dade County Public Safety Department in the 60's and 70's Metro-Dade Police Department in the 80's and 90's, and now Miami-Dade PD. But Miami-Dade still perform duties of a county sheriff. Miami-Dade County is the only county in the State of Florida that don't use 10 codes for the radio codes and green uniforms. Also I like to add, on there badges they sill have a 5 pointed star.
                    yep.. im a appointed deputy sheriff according to my id cards and my badge says deputy sheriff :P even tho my car says police and my patch says police. identity crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop View Post
                      the county is a huge ellis island of ' garbage '.............

if yr not a decent cop, then it appears every person from every walk

of society is scheming, scamming , ripping off everyone like it was

mexico, very violent society, high tax's, local goverment is like a 3rd

world mentality....think of.....papa doc / baby doc type of goverment.

everyone in broward county hates crossing the line unless they are armed

to the teeth, and miami-dade hates coming into broward because they

know they are going to jail for anything and everything .

I laughed
                      Then I cried
                      Then I refused to believe it
                      Then I got angry
                      Then I came to accept it

Yup, what he said. Miami-Dade (the county, not the PD) sucks. High taxes, high crime, high insurance, hurricanes, HOT, traffic from 6am till 11pm, nobody speaks english, bad skools , lousy govt, and a melting pot that dont melt. Oh and if you dont like bars, clubbing, or fishing, their aint much else to do.
                      Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason, than that of blind-folded fear.
                      Thomas Jefferson

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
                      Albert Einstein

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4299 users online. 273 members and 4026 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X