X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CIty of Miami Police Department is Hiring

CERTIFIED POLICE OFFICER
    (This position is Non-Exempt from FLSA)
    RESTRICTED TO PERSONS CURRENTLY CERTIFIED AS LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS BY THE STATE OF
    FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF LAW ENFORCEMENT. SEE DOCUMENTATION REQUIREMENTS ON PAGE TWO.
    Starting Salary: $43,293 annually* Maximum Salary: $58,115 annually**
    * (See Note on In-Hire Rate on page 2) ** (Maximum salary including longevity steps is $74,252 annually)
    Closing Date: When a sufficient number of Method of Selection: Applicants will be assessed on
    qualified applicants have applied. the basis of training and experience as shown on the
    application form, and submission of appropriate
    documents.
    REQUIREMENTS:
    1. Age: In accordance with Florida Statute 943.13 applicants must be a minimum of
    nineteen (19) years of age by the closing date.
    2. Certification: Applicants must be currently certified as law enforcement officers by the Florida
    Department of Law Enforcement by the closing date.
    3. Driver’s License: Applicants must submit a valid driver’s license from any state provided that prior to
    appointment a valid Florida (Class E or higher) driver’s license is submitted to the
    Miami Police Department’s Recruitment and Selection Unit.
    4. Visual Acuity: 20/50 each eye, separately without correcting lenses of any kind including contact
    lenses. With glasses, each eye should be corrected to 20/30. Depth and color
    perception must be within normal limits.
    5. Convictions: In accordance with Florida Statute 943.13, applicants must not have been convicted
    of any felony, or of a misdemeanor involving perjury or a false statement, or have
    received a dishonorable discharge from any of the Armed Forces of the United
    States.
    6. Other Screening: Successful completion of a stringent background investigation, which includes a
    polygraph examination (stringent guidelines as to moral character will be applied);
    physical ability test, psychological and a post-offer medical examination are
    required. An interview may also be required during the selection process.
    (CONTINUED ON BACK)
    DOCUMENTATION: COPIES OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED AT THE TIME OF
    APPLICATION:
    • Proof of Certification: 1) State of Florida Basic Recruit Certificate of Compliance
    issued by F.D.L.E. OR 2) certificate of successful completion of the State of Florida
    Certification examination for law enforcement officers.
    • Driver’s License: Valid driver’s license from any state.
    • Veteran’s Preference Documents: (If applicable), Original form DD-214 or a copy
    certified by a U.S. court of law, the Department of Defense or the Department of
    Veterans Affair as an original. (The original will be copied and returned.) For disabled
    veteran’s preference: A letter less than one (1) year old from the V.A. or Department of
    Defense which includes the percentage of disability must be submitted in addition to
    the original DD-214. Other documents may be required in order to comply with the
    provisions outlined in F.S.S. 295.
    NOTE: ORIGINAL DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP (Birth Certificate, U.S. Naturalization
    Certificate, or U.S. Passport) AND CURRENT LAW ENFORCEMENT CERTIFICATION, HIGH
    SCHOOL DIPLOMA, EQUIVALENT OR HIGHER AND VALID FLORIDA DRIVER’S LICENSE MUST
    BE PRESENTED TO THE HIRING DEPARTMENT DURING THE BACKGROUND PROCESS.
    IN-HIRE RATE : PER THE FOP CONTRACT, STARTING SALARY WILL BE BASED UPON THE LEVEL OF
    EXPERIENCE. SALARY WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
    0-2 YEARS EXPERIENCE STEP 1 $43,293 annually
    2-4 YEARS EXPERIENCE STEP 2 $45,504 annually
    4-6 YEARS EXPERIENCE STEP 3 $47,877 annually
    6 OR MORE YEARS EXPERIENCE STEP 4 $50,219 annually
    *Rates shown above are effective 6/14/07
    SELECTION
    PREFERENCE: IN ACCORDANCE WITH APM 2-02, APPLICANTS FOR CLASSIFIED POSITIONS WHO ARE CITY
    OF MIAMI RESIDENTS AND NEW HIRES WILL RECEIVE PREFERENCE IN SELECTION FROM
    INTERVIEW RANKING BANDS PROVIDED THAT 2 OF THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS ARE
    SUBMITTED WITH APPLICATION FORM, AND AGAIN, AT TIME OF INTERVIEW: UTILITY BILL
    DATED WITHIN 60 DAYS OF THE DATE OF SUBMISSION; FLORIDA DRIVER’S LICENSE OR
    STATE-ISSUED ID; PROPERTY TAX STATEMENT; PROPERLY EXECUTED LEASE
    AGREEMENT; HOMESTEAD EXEMPTION; MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION; W-2 (OR 1099)
    TAX FORM; OR OFFICIAL SCHOOL RECORDS OR TRANSCRIPTS, DATED WITHIN 90 DAYS OF
    THE DATE OF SUBMISSION. PREFERENCE FOR CITY RESIDENTS SHALL NOT SUPERSEDE
    PREFERENCE AWARDED TO VETERANS PURSUANT TO F.S.S.295, OR PREFERENCE GIVEN
    TO CITY EMPLOYEES WITHIN THE SAME RANKING BAND.
    TOXICOLOGY: Prospective employees shall submit to a toxicology screen at their own expense. The
    cost is $30.00, though subject to change. If the results are negative, the City will
    reimburse the candidate for the cost of the screen. If the results are positive, the
    candidate will assume the cost including that of any test confirmation.
    DUTIES: Patrols a designated area of the City in a radio cruiser car to preserve law and order, to prevent and
    discover the commission of crime and to enforce traffic regulations. Answers calls and complaints
    involving homicide, rape, robbery, burglary, larceny and any emergencies or disturbances that arise
    which may require police intervention. At scene of crime, administers first aid, conducts preliminary
    investigations, gathers evidence, obtains witnesses, and makes arrests; testifies as a witness in court.
    Investigates cases involving missing persons and juveniles. Investigates crimes; Conducts accident
    investigations providing first aid for injured and taking safeguards to prevent further accidents;
    interviews principals and witnesses; takes written statements; Prepares investigative reports and
    maintains necessary records for presentation in court. When assigned to assist complaint room
    sergeant, officer helps screen requests for police and other emergency services, and coordinates
    requests with available police personnel. From specialized training in the areas of Social, Cultural and
    Inter-personal relationships, officer will be called upon to mediate family crisis situations to avoid
    destructive ends. Helps to resolve quality of life issues in the designated patrol area by utilizing
    problem-solving models such as the Scanning, Analysis, Response, Assessment model (SARA).
    Works proactively to resolve neighborhood concerns by establishing partnerships with residents,
    merchants, schools, churches, community-based organizations, governmental agencies/offices and
    other groups in the designated patrol area in accordance with the Department’s Community Policing
    mission. Utilizes crime analysis data to address crime problems in their assigned districts or zones.
    Field Training Officers have the responsibility for instructing, supervising and evaluating those novice
    police officers that have successfully completed their formal academy training, thereby providing them
    with a period of internship. Performs other work as required.
    OPEN/NON-COMPETITIVE

And also they are taking NON-CERTIFIED
    Last edited by five0686; 05-20-2007, 11:13 AM.
    sigpicNEVER FORGET!!!

good luck to all that apply, you will earn your money !!!!!!!!!
    " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
    " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Miami Police

For those who apply and get hired Best wishes. I my opinion last I remember Miami is still a dump but with a lot more condos in the downtown area equals to more work.
      LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, help me out here, C.I. Hog and ftlaudcop. Why is Miami a dump to work? Are you referring to "pet peeves" of cops, i.e. baby mama drama, drunks, etc. or are you saying there are serious problems within the dept?

Comment

LOL Miami is very, very ghetto. Some extremely nice parts, but it is truly a city of the very rich and very poor.

Comment

Where can I get an application for the Non-Certified position? I'm from out of state and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.s. I checked their website and can't find any application to download or print.
            United States Border Patrol
            Test:2/13/09
            Tentative Offer:3/6/2009
            Pre-Employment:3/21/2009
            Oral Board:3/25/2009
            Medical:4/07/2009
            Fitness Test:4/07/2009
            Drug Screening:4/16/2009
            Qualifications:4/21/2009
            Background:Security Office

Comment

Originally posted by 2Lucky View Post
              Ok, help me out here, C.I. Hog and ftlaudcop. Why is Miami a dump to work? Are you referring to "pet peeves" of cops, i.e. baby mama drama, drunks, etc. or are you saying there are serious problems within the dept?

the county is a huge ellis island of ' garbage '.............

if yr not a decent cop, then it appears every person from every walk

of society is scheming, scamming , ripping off everyone like it was

mexico, very violent society, high tax's, local goverment is like a 3rd

world mentality....think of.....papa doc / baby doc type of goverment.

everyone in broward county hates crossing the line unless they are armed

to the teeth, and miami-dade hates coming into broward because they

know they are going to jail for anything and everything .

Comment

I greatly appreciate your bluntness. I gotcha.

Comment

I'll take that job in a heart beat...
                  United States Border Patrol
                  Test:2/13/09
                  Tentative Offer:3/6/2009
                  Pre-Employment:3/21/2009
                  Oral Board:3/25/2009
                  Medical:4/07/2009
                  Fitness Test:4/07/2009
                  Drug Screening:4/16/2009
                  Qualifications:4/21/2009
                  Background:Security Office

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop View Post
                    the county is a huge ellis island of ' garbage '.............

if yr not a decent cop, then it appears every person from every walk

of society is scheming, scamming , ripping off everyone like it was

mexico, very violent society, high tax's, local goverment is like a 3rd

world mentality....think of.....papa doc / baby doc type of goverment.

everyone in broward county hates crossing the line unless they are armed

to the teeth, and miami-dade hates coming into broward because they

know they are going to jail for anything and everything .
                    Oh so true LOL I hate going down to Maimi. If I do head down there I make sure I'm armed everytime. that county/city is a dump
                    "I can imagine no more rewarding a career. And any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile, I think can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction: 'I served in the United States Navy.'"

President John F. Kennedy

Comment

Make sure you spanish is good! Isnt dade county like 90% hispanic?

Comment

Originally posted by Floridaboy View Post
                        Make sure you spanish is good! Isnt dade county like 90% hispanic?

like 90 % non american

10 % gold teeth thug

Comment

This thread keeps me laughing. Unfortunately, most of the comments about Miami is true, but I would also take the job in a heartbeat. Ftlaudcop and his comments pretty much hit the nail on the head in a blunt way. I hate going down to that city, but the experience alone to me, would be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by ftlaudcop View Post
                            like 90 % non american

10 % gold teeth thug
                            LOL, god bless our immigration policies where once you hit soil from Cuba you're legit.

Comment

Originally posted by danperez View Post
                              Where can I get an application for the Non-Certified position? I'm from out of state and any help would be appreciated. Thanks

P.s. I checked their website and can't find any application to download or print.

Not to sound like an @ss, but can anyone answer this question that Danprez asked?? I would like to know myself. Nothing on the site helps and a phone number for a recruiter would be great

Thanks guys
                              Reputation is the cornerstone of power

Rest in Peace: Officer David "Hazel" Pugh; Neville Island Police Department; I'll miss you friend

PRINCE GEORGE'S COUNTY POLICE
                              Written - Passed
                              Physical test - Passed
                              Background Investigation - Finished
                              Oral Board - Passed
                              Polygraph - Passed
                              Chief's Decision - Pending
                              Medical Exam - Pending Chief's Decision
                              Psycological Exam - Pending Chief's Decision

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5426 users online. 295 members and 5131 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X