Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE-applying for department

RE-applying for department

23 years old. I applied for a few departments with no luck and I was wondering does re-applying for the same departments looks bad or is it better to move on yonew ones?

I guess the reason why you were not selected would be the deciding factor. If it was due to not enough life experience and a few years has passed, then yeah it would not be a bad thing to apply again.

However if you were DQ'd due to a crime of moral turpitude then maybe not a good idea.

Comment

What does "no luck" mean?

Did you fail the written? Did you fail the oral? Did you fail the background? Or, are you on the list but just not reachable?

Remember, 100 people may apply for two vacancies. That means 98 are going to be disappointed.

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

I can recall several people who continued applying to the same department for several years before they were offered a position. Nothing unusual about that at all. You will always be competing against all the other applicants (education, experience, employment stability, maturity, criminal history, credit history, etc). In the meantime, whatever you can do to make your overall package look better is worth your time (completing a community college program, completing a college degree, becoming fluent in a second language, volunteer service in the community, etc).

Comment

I went as far as the stress analysis test where I was told that they were discontinuing the process. The reason was because on the supplemental background form I admitted that 6 to 7 months earlier that I went to a birthday party when a few college kids were smoking on weed on a balcony even tough my last weed experience was sophomore year of college.

And they didn't even tell me whether or not I failed the stress analysis test.

(I'm fluent in a second language, I have stable work history and college degree)

Comment

Originally posted by collegegraduate View Post
            I applied for a few departments with no luck
            But...

Originally posted by collegegraduate View Post
            I went as far as the stress analysis test where I was told that they were discontinuing the process. The reason was because on the supplemental background form I admitted that 6 to 7 months earlier that I went to a birthday party when a few college kids were smoking on weed on a balcony even tough my last weed experience was sophomore year of college.
            So, each department DQed you every time you disclosed having recently been present where drugs were used? Correct?

Going too far is half the pleasure of not getting anywhere

Comment

No. Only one cited that reason. the other 2 simply said that I wasn't selected pass the oral board.

Comment

Move on. Just understand when you apply to new agencies they will see that you failed the poly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12670 users online. 499 members and 12171 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X