Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much can I expect with overtime/off duty pay per year?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much can I expect with overtime/off duty pay per year?

Howdy again,

I tried using the search function but the page doesn't seem to want to load, so I figured i'd just ask my question here.

Roughly, how much can I expect to make from overtime/off duty pay per year?

I know the answer will vary with person, agency, and location, but I figure if I get enough responses I can add 'em up, divide 'em, and get an average.

Thanks in advance!
    "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Doing the absolute minumum I work between 200-300 a year.

Comment

I'm assuming that's hours and not pay right? What does that translate to monetarily?
      "Our citizenship in the United States is our national character...Our great title is AMERICANS." - Thomas Paine

"The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid and deeds left undone." - Harriet Beecher Stowe

Comment

Originally posted by LCPLPunk View Post
        I'm assuming that's hours and not pay right? What does that translate to monetarily?
        Depends on the department. We have guys that make ...... a nice amount off duty.

A man should never be ashamed to own that he has been in the wrong, which is but saying... that he is wiser today than yesterday. Jonathan Swift 1667-1745

It's only a conspiracy when your party is not in power.

Comment

i have gotton quite a few 32 hr's overtime pay checks this yr,
          all i want is a slice of pie, one of my partners take home for 2
          weeks is 5000, but he's one of them guys...wife don't work, 2 yr old kid,
          is 47, all the payments,,,that you can imagine in life.
          " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
          " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

Well, I plan on doing the average amount of off duty stuff and i'm trying to see how much that will supplement my income. My wife has a good job and will have her Master's soon but we really want a house. Even with both of our incomes we will be hard pressed to find something nice in this area. I know if I could make another 10k a year or so we may be more inclined to look for something and settle down.

Comment

Ft Lauderdale Area

Most of the off duty details around here pay around $30-$40 an hour.
              “The man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed."

"You go for a man hard enough and fast enough, he don't have time to think about how many's with him; he thinks about himself, and how he might get clear of that wrath that's about to set down on him."

Comment

So is there an average per year that you make in off duty? $1k, 2k, 5k, 10k?

Comment

Again, depends on the agency and how much the off-duty is. If you want to make 1K to 30K you could. You just gonna have to work for it. We had a guy that made 116K last year. Guess what? He worked for it. He is order (mid 50's), grown kids, wife works, and is saving his money for retirement. But he worked on average 20 hours extra a week.
                  If I want to buy something new, or I want to go on vacation, I start hitting the off-duty pretty hard about 90 days away from my goal. I pay cash for everything that way my bills stay pretty low. good luck to you brother.

Comment

I have always been able to make more off duty than I ever could on duty!!
                    FILL YOUR HANDS!!!

Comment

Thanks for the insight frostbite! Gives me some hope!

Comment

Money Money Money

I try to average between 24 to 32 hours of overtime per pay period. I like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        LET IT RAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

How much $ is that per period and how long is a period for you?

Comment

You can't put all that emphasis on supporting a higher lifestyle through details. That's how guys get jammed up. You make all this money doing your details and live above your means and then what happens if you don't get all the details you need or worse, you get hurt and are on light duty for an extended amount of time. Then you're screwed. I mean do what you got to do, but just be careful when you're playing that game.

Comment

Good call, sounds like the best option would be to make that extra off duty money investment money.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3026 users online. 134 members and 2892 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X