300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on PBSO ?

I've heard only good things about PBSO, but an article in the Sun Sentinel made me scratch my head. I understand they just received a pretty good contract, so I was shocked to read that they were suffering from these types of financial problems. Here's a small blurb of what I'm talking about............

"As a result deputies would drive their cars only to calls for help. Once they finished a call-out, they would drive to shopping centers, entrances to high-crime neighborhoods and other high-visibility areas, turn off their engines and wait for the next call."

That would drive me nuts. It's equal to telling a sales person he could no longer use his telephone to look for leads.

Any PBSO Deputies know the truth behind this?

Here is the whole article:
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines

Wow gas prices are that high!!! I do not know what else to say but I think it is a little irrational.
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding.
    Proversb 3:5

Comment

Originally posted by Mikis View Post
      "As a result deputies would drive their cars only to calls for help. Once they finished a call-out, they would drive to shopping centers, entrances to high-crime neighborhoods and other high-visibility areas, turn off their engines and wait for the next call."
      Isn't that what a lot of them would be doing anyway?

BTW... that wasn't a hit on PBSO... that was a hit on slugs in general.

Comment

The budget crunch that all Florida agencies are expecting is causing administrators to project worse case scenarios before the legislature meets in June. With the property tax roll back, cities and counties will get a huge reduction in funds so they are trying to scare up support. You can't have it both ways. Low taxes or money for services. Don't pay too much attention to the newspapers.
        Jerry
        "If all else fails, stop using all else!"

Comment

The cut backs in the article sound drastic. I doubt that will happen, but I think we (Police Agencies) are in for some changes. It will be interesting to see what happens.

Comment

I believe due to all of these agencies not hiring, and cutting back different areas of patrol like PBSO is, it will increase the criminal activity and it will be seen in the statistics at the end of the year.
            I DON'T FIGHT TO WIN, I FIGHT TO SURVIVE.

Comment

unincorp road patrol may be cut, thats nothing new, 2 guys covering
              7 zones...business as usual

contract cities: re-zoned , 75 % staff level

court services: no cut back

jail division: manditory staffing levels , no cut backs

accreditation staff: 80 % staff cut back ( poor babys , will have to get their hands dirty )
              " if you talk in your sleep, don't mention my name....
              " if you walk in your sleep, forget where you came....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2570 users online. 133 members and 2437 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X